Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: From Don-isewman--?? for anyone

Blog Entries

From Don-isewman--?? for anyone

Besides the quilting board quilt group. Do any of yous belong to another on line/internet group. And what are the names of the groups you's belong too. I may be interested in joining another group. Don-isewman

I hope this would be an additional group and your not considering leaving/dropping this one. I really look forward to your quilt photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    I hope this would be an additional group and your not considering leaving/dropping this one. I really look forward to your quilt photos.
    Ditto that!!!!

I love Threadbias. It is mostly quilting but there are lots of other kinds of sewing on it as well. It had contests and swaps and the like there too. I love it because most of the people are fairly modern quilters. Lots of younger women/quilters
    (and a couple of guys too.)

I also belong to a group called 'Quilt with Us' Just joined recently but I really like it. And of course we all like 'Pinterest'
    Hope you aren't leaving us, I look forward to reading all your posts.

I love Machine Quilters Resource. I can get ideas from other machine quilters. I thought it was only quilters who quilted on a track mounted frame, but I was wrong. We have quilters on there that use their DSMs also. It sure is nice to have some place that when you post a picture of a quilt you are stumped on, in about an hour or so , you have lots of ideas! They really come thru in a pinch.

www.mqresource.com
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Only one other quilting group---Lib-Quilters. I like to look at the pictures for inspiration! I also belong to several Freecycle groups in my area and a Service Dog group.

Blog Entries
    I also am a member of the Quilt & Needle forum and Pattern Pastiche which is a free group through the Quilt Pattern Magazine (TQPM) which is an on line quilt magazine I have subscribed to since their beginning- the Quilt & Needle group is the one I belonged to first- the longest- they have a couple groups/ swaps/programs I love to participate in every year- although I've not been very active there in a while. Pattern Pastiche I stay more involved with - love the magazine & always find a new group-project to get involved with ... many years ago I was also a member of the HGTV quilt forum- that one is HUGE...I have not visit there in years- don't even remember why- just moved on I guess.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Reb
    I joined Yahoo Groups for their Bernina groups. Can't recommend them. I closed my account and closed my Yahoo account. (Although they keep my information for 18 months! And, not for me to resign up either! They just keep it.) I thought the groups went off topic too often as if they did not have a moderator. When I joined they also were having a problem with a computer virus somehow on one of the groups. They also had a difficult way to handle pictures. They weren't in the post itself you had to go to the quilter's "photo album". Then I found Quilting Board! Yeah! Great people here and we talk about quilting! So there's my word of caution. : ) Good luck!

i am only on this board if i was on another one i wouldnt get anything done ha ha .

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Ditto Lori S

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I won't get on any forum I have to pay for. Why go to another when I can get everything I need right here? This forum is and bears repeating) an encyclopedia of information for quilting and a few other things.

I recently joined Quilt Connect. I haven't been there much since they don't automatically send e-mail and I keep forgetting to go there.

I do the Yahoo Pfaff and Babylock fora. Also one of the quilting ones. Mostly just read. They are moderated. Joined the forum at Missouri Quilts. The older Pfaff fora have been around for a long time. Compusew with Jan covers Pfaff and Viking software, and good with Embird. Strictly moderated.

I do Yahoo astronomy and photography, so I have a mess of stuff to read at one go.

Missouri Star Quilt Co. has a forum. Go to their website and in the info bar at the top hit forum.

Blog Entries
    If you are on Facebook there is a group called Just Us Quilters that is quite active. I put pictures of my quilts on myquiltplace.com sponsored by AQS. There are a variety of interest groups there too. But this is my go to place each and every morning. This is where I have learned so much and am inspired.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

I belong to sewforum, and a lot of yahoo groups, but this one here is my favorite and I get more response here. There are a few others that I joined but can't remember because i never fully got into them. I also like sewingpatternreview as well. I now use pinterest for all my quilt bookmarking, even here I just pin it now don't bookmark here anymore.
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

http://www.quiltinghaven.com/index.php?action=googlemap

Not nearly as informative as this board but you might want to give it a try.

I LOVE My Quilt Place.com, which was my first quilt board...everyone establishes their own "page" with pictures and groups (within my quilt place you can join). There are a lot of swaps and exchanges etc. Quite frankly I find it much more user friendly than this one....at least there I can post a picture...I have never been able to do it on this board!

Blog Entries
    I belong to Missouri Star Quilt Co group. you get a daily deal but there is a blog there too. the tutorials are wonderful

I am a member of this forum only as far as sewing and quilting. I am a member of a gaming forum for Bethesda software.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I belong to several quilting groups on FB. I love them all, the more info we share, the better quilters we become.

mah
    I read a lot of quilting blogs besides this board..............that keeps me on the computer for quite sometime each day!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    I won't get on any forum I have to pay for. Why go to another when I can get everything I need right here? This forum is and bears repeating) an encyclopedia of information for quilting and a few other things.
    Ditto!! I have tried other forums and this is the absolute best!!!!!!!
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by isewman View Post
    Besides the quilting board quilt group. Do any of yous belong to another on line/internet group. And what are the names of the groups you's belong too. I may be interested in joining another group. Don-isewman
    So glad you asked this question. Now I will belong to more groups then I have time for but I love the inspiration. Thanks everyone for posting an answer to Don.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast