Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Done! (nope, here's some strings)...DONE! (nope, missed a SITD line)... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/done-nope-heres-some-strings-done-nope-missed-sitd-line-t216319.html)

Teeler 03-14-2013 04:17 AM

Done! (nope, here's some strings)...DONE! (nope, missed a SITD line)...

Binding on! Yay!
I thought I was done.
Found a few hangy strings
Buried them.
DONE (or so I thought)
Still more strings
Now DONE!
Nope, check the back, and there's missing SITD lines
Sew 'em up.
Check again.
OMG, STILL a couple more! (log cabin...LOTS of lines)
Will I seriously EVER be done with this quilt?!
Tell me I'm not the only one experiencing this madness...

Gladys 03-14-2013 04:20 AM

Bless your heart! I feel your pain.

QltrSue 03-14-2013 04:35 AM

Isn't this crazy? Happens to me, too!! But congrats on the surely-finished-by-now quilt!

paulswalia 03-14-2013 04:43 AM

Only way to cure this for sure is to stop looking.......if you can bear to do so!

all4flors 03-14-2013 04:47 AM

Oh goodness your description of being "done" :ois so funny! You know they say. Its not done until its DONE! Good luck!:thumbup:

mighty 03-14-2013 06:10 AM

Hang in there!!!!!

CorgiNole 03-14-2013 07:59 AM

Did this a few weeks ago while trying to hand the quilt off so that she could carry it to my other sister (versus mailing). Every time I was folding it to put give to her, after I had stowed my needle, I would find another set of threads.

A friend buries the thread as she goes along, just keeps the needle attached to her machine. I may have to try that. I find the process of burying the threads akin to having my wisdom teeth removed.

Cheers, K

Teeler 03-14-2013 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by CorgiNole (Post 5927782)
A friend buries the thread as she goes along, just keeps the needle attached to her machine. I may have to try that. I find the process of burying the threads akin to having my wisdom teeth removed.
Cheers, K

I could try that...the time spent burying threads actually gets me out of the "quilting posture" though, and gives me that break that everyone here so heartily recommended. But it's a great idea!

EllieGirl 03-14-2013 09:41 AM

I was FMQ a DNP and in the process I found two seems that we're not sewn. So no, you are not the only one!

CorgiNole 03-14-2013 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Teeler (Post 5927942)
I could try that...the time spent burying threads actually gets me out of the "quilting posture" though, and gives me that break that everyone here so heartily recommended. But it's a great idea!

I had 40 to bury at once on a quilt... It quickly became my least favorite part about quilting. I've got ADD to start with so the tedium drove me nuts. I've also thought about sticking a piece of painters tape down on the threads so that I can quickly find them if I am sinking them later. I decided on a continuous line design for the Irish Chain I did so that I didn't have to stop and start at each block.

Cheers, K