Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Don't you hate it when ... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dont-you-hate-when-t186133.html)

SuzyQ 04-15-2012 08:23 AM

Don't you hate it when ...

You have some unexpected free time and you want to sew only to find that every one of your UFO's need trimmed or something cut out?!?!?! Even my crumb blocks and strip blocked needed something cut and I wasn't in the mood to cut anything ... all I wanted to do was sew

You get your sewing area all clean up and everything sorted and organized ... and you can't find a darn thing?!?! I lost my Dear Jane blocks ... have no idea what I did with them. I remember gathering them up and putting them in a ziploc type bag and now they are now where to be found.

Geez I actually has some time to play and nothing to play with ;-(

Suzy

Dina 04-15-2012 09:09 AM

I actually hate to reorganize because then I can't find anything.

Maybe you can use your free play time to plan something new, if you aren't in the mood to cut? Look over your stash and do some thinking??

At any rate, you will figure something out.

Dina

scrapykate 04-15-2012 09:16 AM

I hate it when I have put fabrics together for a specific project only to forget what the project was....... I'm with you love to sew, not fond of cutting. Cutting is a necessary evil though. Put some music on and sing along as you cut:-)

crafty pat 04-15-2012 09:30 AM

I am like you. when I feel like sewing that is all I want to do. I spent yesterday cutting and today I do not feel like going back in my sewing room as I still have cutting to do.

Lori S 04-15-2012 10:13 AM

It changes with me sometimes all I want to do is cut, and there is so much sewing to be done. Other days I just want to sew and there is nothing but cutting. And yet on other days all I want to do is shop my stash and put together fabrics , but my sewing room is such a mess , it would just create more mess!
I never thought of myself as a moody quilter... but I guess I am.

Phannie1 04-15-2012 10:40 AM

I find myself not knowing what I want to do or not remembering what I would like to do for someone. I made me a list of stuff I would like to do and when I feel like sewing, it is something on my list or there is something for cutting or planning. It is on my list of to do.... I got one more thing off my list today.... added 3.

Tartan 04-15-2012 12:04 PM

That's why I decided to NEVER give my sewing room a really good cleaning again. I am still looking for things from last year. I keep an ongoing Spiderweb scrap quilt for that reason. I have all the paper pieces cut and the center triangle piece glue sticked in place. I keep the pile of them with my large scrap container and when I am in the mood, I can just sit and sew as many blocks as I like. The pattern is from Bonnie Huner's Quiltville site and I plan to make it queensize.

tjradj 04-15-2012 04:02 PM

My problem is putting projects in plastic bags and then forgetting I have them. Once in a blue moon I'll reorganize my space and find these baggies of fabric and no idea what I bought them for. So then, they go in my stash and get used for whatever comes up!

SuzyQ 04-16-2012 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 5142913)
It changes with me sometimes all I want to do is cut, and there is so much sewing to be done. Other days I just want to sew and there is nothing but cutting. And yet on other days all I want to do is shop my stash and put together fabrics , but my sewing room is such a mess , it would just create more mess!
I never thought of myself as a moody quilter... but I guess I am.

That's me to a T! Glad I'm not the only one out there.
Suzy

Hemlock Tea 04-16-2012 05:12 AM

It seems like all I want to do is cut stuff out right now! I keep cutting out stuff for future projects. THen I sit down a sew for a few minutes and get antsy and hop up to cut some more. I guess it's my way of "committing" stash to patterns and getting it off my shelf... but I'm running out of project boxes! I need to start sewing again.