Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Don't you love it when (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dont-you-love-when-t238107.html)

BETTY62 01-04-2014 06:52 PM

Yesterday I ordered cutting mats for several of my GO dies and wondered why I didn't order them at the same time I ordered the dies. Well guess what, today I found them under a pile of fabric. This was a costly mistake since I was forced to purchase a new die so I could get free shipping. LOL

Cybrarian 01-04-2014 07:11 PM

Reorganized my sewing room last week because my wonderful DH took my Joanns fold down cutting table (that was not very sturdy) and built me a beautiful cutting station with lots of storage. So I cleaned out the drawer of kitted fabric I have in ziplock bags (separate from the rest of my stash). My word do I really have that many projects waiting to be made? Fell in love with them all over again. Friday, my quilter friend and I went to our 2 favorite LQSs for some needed fabric to fulfill a Christmas gift promise. We signed up for a class Feb. 1st. Am I using any of my kitted or stash fabric? Nope, I'm going to use the new fabric I fell for at the shop and had to buy....So even when I find stuff I buy more....I need to find my self control is what I need to do!

garysgal 01-04-2014 08:31 PM

I've thought of writing down where I put things-you know, in a notebook and then when I need something I can look it up. But I know if I do that I'll lose the notebook!

DogHouseMom 01-04-2014 09:10 PM

I've been cleaning my scrap heap (yes, I said HEAP), cutting into 2" and 4" squares to do a leaders/enders. I'm hoping I'll find my missing bi-fold mirror ... somewhere!!

masufa 01-04-2014 10:10 PM

I had lost a stiletto that my dear friend made for me and today I found it buried in the safety pin box, been looking for it for weeks.

Gannyrosie 01-05-2014 02:25 AM

I had purchased a roll of Sulky ( I think) paper to do some hand applique's and when I cleaned my sewing room I couldn't find it. I knew I had it, but figured it was thrown away. Two months ago I went to clean my closet and low and behold there it was in a bag with some other things I bought.

lclang 01-05-2014 04:28 AM

I find missing things when I'm looking for other missing things. It seems to be an unwritten rule!

DOTTYMO 01-05-2014 05:03 AM

I am brilliant at loosing pins. I don't know where they go only know I never have any. If I clean will I find them ? No. Never do.

pal 01-05-2014 05:27 AM

That happens to me all the time. It's almost like Christmas every day!

mariatherese 01-05-2014 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 6493705)
I am brilliant at loosing pins. I don't know where they go only know I never have any. If I clean will I find them ? No. Never do.

I find my dropped needles every time! It's fool-proof. I seem to step on every single one that ever falls on the floor. Magnetic soles maybe?