Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Don't you love it when (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dont-you-love-when-t238107.html)

SingerSewer 01-05-2014 05:35 AM

This makes me feel so much better. Happens way too often in my world.

Judie 01-05-2014 07:20 AM

Right now I'm looking for my best pair of scissors . I hope I didn't lose them, I'll be heart broken if I don't find them!!!

Plus, I am also looking for my Add a Quarter ruler. Where does this stuff learn to hide? I don't teach them how to do that!!!

nanac 01-05-2014 07:24 AM

And here, I thought I was the only one who had that problem! :)

Mimiqwerty 01-05-2014 08:18 AM

I'm convinced that there are little gremlins or elves that come into my sewing room at night to hide things I've just been using--either that or my kitties are playing mind games with me and hiding my stuff all over the house. I wouldn't put it past them :D .

Kris P 01-05-2014 08:33 AM

Yep, that happens in my stamping room all the time. I was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 10 years, and gave up almost 2 years ago when my desire for quilting overtook my desire for stamping. I love creating quilts which will be around infinitely longer than a handmade paper card which may find the recycle bin within hours of receiving it. I still have all my stamping things in my room, but rarely actually stamp. I need to clean it out and sell or donate most of it. The room has become a dumping ground for all my quilting supplies when I need to clean up the family room for the arrival of guests. I really need to make some changes. I guess this will be on my resolution list. We also have a major kitchen overhaul pending, so I hate to mess up both areas of the house!

JanieH 01-05-2014 09:08 AM

This thread has been so much fun! I have loved reading about all the found and still missing objects. And I loved the inerchange on the minds!

But I just realized I have no idea where my bifold mirrow is so off to the sewing room to see what I can discover!

CanukNana 01-05-2014 09:32 AM

Oh I'm so Happy to know I belong to such a great group. I'm going to try to get my hubby to read these posts. He thinks I'm rather unique :D in this type of behavior, unfortunately he just can't wrap his head around a quilters needs.

MargeD 01-05-2014 09:49 AM

I can definitely relate - was looking for something the other day, found the roll of 1/4" fusible tape that I like to use when closing openings when I birth quilts; and which I promptly lost, along with the extra rotary blades I bought. Last year I did find not one, but 2 BOM quilt kits from 2006 and 2007, one of which I finally made the blocks, although I still have to assemble them into a quilt; etc., etc. I keep telling myself that when I'm looking for something I'm going on an adventure as I never know what I'll find. Too bad I don't find any money when I'm searching. LOL.

captlynhall 01-05-2014 10:24 AM

This reminds me a something George Carlin use to say. Why do people say "It was in the last place I looked." Of course it is going to be in the last place you looked. You're not going to keep looking after you found it are ya?

crafty pat 01-05-2014 10:50 AM

I had bought a new brother sewing machine and was still learning how to do some of the things on it when the manual came up missing. I searched for over a year and thought I must have thrown it away with some old quilting magazines. the other day I started filing away a stack of patterns I had torn out of magazines when right in the middle of them was my machine manual.