Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   dont you wish.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dont-you-wish-t146996.html)

hlponyfarm 08-22-2011 08:05 AM

Quilting shows would show them doing and fixing an unperfect piece?
they always start out by saying "lets see how it came out" "Ahh its just perfect!" LOL
I wanna see that block come out like it comes out for me then explain why it turned out that way and how to fix it!

Zhillslady 08-22-2011 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by hlponyfarm
Quilting shows would show them doing and fixing an unperfect piece?
they always start out by saying "lets see how it came out" "Ahh its just perfect!" LOL
I wanna see that block come out like it comes out for me then explain why it turned out that way and how to fix it!

Yeah how come we never see that? Makes us feel like it's always perfect for them when u know it's not.

seahorsesanna 08-22-2011 08:08 AM

wouldnt that be wonderful! but the show would have to be alot longer then 30 minutes for some of my mistakes!

amma 08-22-2011 08:09 AM

I have seen this on Fons and Porter, they have shown less than perfect seams/blocks and explained why it happened. :D:D:D

wichypoo 08-22-2011 08:11 AM

I watched Eleanor Burns just yesterday and she made me feel soooo deficient,, because everything she did was so calm and casual and effortless and was perfect in the end. I told my husband as I watched, she is a genius to get everything so
perfect the first time. I forgot they edit and re-film.....duh

NanaCsews2 08-22-2011 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I have seen this on Fons and Porter, they have shown less than perfect seams/blocks and explained why it happened. :D:D:D

I too have seen this. Un-perfect seams, stuff in the way, etc. I feel right at home watching that show. I had to learn to get past the fast talking chatter though.

Stitchnripper 08-22-2011 08:14 AM

Now that would be great! No one can be perfect all the time!!

nativetexan 08-22-2011 08:31 AM

ha, ha. Eleanor Burns son, Orion, was doing the sewing on her show recently and didn't match a seam well at all. she ended up throwing it over her shoulder of course!

hlponyfarm 08-22-2011 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
ha, ha. Eleanor Burns son, Orion, was doing the sewing on her show recently and didn't match a seam well at all. she ended up throwing it over her shoulder of course!

poor guy he must have been embarrassed. I think the Fons girls would be the perfect people to make a show like that. Imperfections and how to live with them. :)

hlponyfarm 08-22-2011 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by hlponyfarm

Originally Posted by nativetexan

poor guy he must have been embarrassed. I think the Fons girls would be the perfect people to make a show like that. Imperfections and how to live with them. :)

squareing up a block that looks like it was made by a person with 2 left hands?