Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dontcha just hate it when... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dontcha-just-hate-when-t65910.html)

Lizzytish 09-25-2010 06:42 AM

How about when you are machine sewing and the thread pulls out of your needle because you didn't pull or forgot to pull the thread out far enough when starting to sew

Lizzytish 09-25-2010 06:43 AM

When chocolate isn't enough. It is time for Jack.

Campbell34 09-25-2010 08:30 AM

Years ago when I lived in a small logging community a friend was looking for a special project she had put away under the pull out couch, She was squatted in front when she fell backwards landing on the big ball of crochet thread , The needle was hook up , needles to say she went all the way to the Drs office 30 miles away on her hands and knees in the back seat of her car.The worst part was that she had been cleaning house all morning and was in her husbands boxer shorts because they were cool and loose, we had no coolers back in those days , She was so embarrased, now it is funny when we look back on it. :oops: :lol:

carhop 09-25-2010 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by betc
How about when you are machine sewing and the thread pulls out of your needle because you didn't pull or forgot to pull the thread out far enough when starting to sew

that is my favorite I do that all the time I also have sewen my nails to what ever I was sewing a couple times to my finger (can not spell to day)

Rettie V. Grama 09-25-2010 03:00 PM

"don't ya just hate it when" Gets better all the time.

Quiltforme 09-25-2010 03:02 PM

When you get the energy to vacuum your sewing room/ area you hear something clinking but nothing under the vacuum then you find it an empty spool. you just sucked up an entire roll of thread.. Yeah me now I get to go buy more thread.

GrannieAnnie 09-25-2010 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter
Or when you are hand stitching something while sitting on the couch, and all of a sudden you can't find the needle, but you can be darned sure your significant other will find it at the most inopportune time -- and in the worst place?

Thank God, I do my hand sewing in MY CHAIR, which had numerous hidden needles and one crochet hook that I can hear rattling but can't see.

Stitchnripper 09-25-2010 03:15 PM

Or what just happened to me - put the fusible interfacing wrong side down and had to scrape it off the ironing board!!!! Plus most about everything else mentioned.

GrannieAnnie 09-25-2010 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
how about when the top thread pulls out of the needle as you start to sew, and you realize that is only the 5,843rd time that has happened in your life, and WHEN are you going to remember to check that the needle is at the top of its move before you start sewing!!!

You been lookin' in my window?

costumegirl 09-25-2010 04:27 PM

Great sharing here!!! Thanks!! Wow!!! I've experienced so many of these!!!