Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Double disappointment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/double-disappointment-t80881.html)

mosaicthinking 12-06-2010 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by trisha
Make a couple of jolly ranchers.

What's a jolly rancher?

cjomomma 12-06-2010 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by mosaicthinking

What's a jolly rancher?

Jolly rancher is a hard fruit flavored candy that you suck because it's too hard to chew. But it's so yummy! I don't know how to make them though.

deema 12-06-2010 04:56 AM

You know, that is something that really bothers me...I always check in on my kids where they are playing and make sure they clean up their mess. I would be very disappointed if my daughter didn't learn from that and enforce it with her own children in the future. I hope today is a better day for you.

deema 12-06-2010 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Originally Posted by mosaicthinking

What's a jolly rancher?

Jolly rancher is a hard fruit flavored candy that you suck because it's too hard to chew. But it's so yummy! I don't know how to make them though.

Apparently, a Jolly rancher is also a shot! Not my cup of tea (I'm not a vodka drinker) but I can see how that line of thought might be more appealing than tea! lol

cjomomma 12-06-2010 05:01 AM

I was thinking it was something else too but my mind went blank. I'm not a drinker so I didn't know. Thank you!

luvTooQuilt 12-06-2010 05:04 AM

Jolly Rancher recipe
1 1/2 oz melon liqueur
1/2 oz blueberry schnapps
sweet and sour mix
1/2 oz grenadine syrup
1 cherry

Shake melon liqueur and blueberry schnapps with ice and strain into an old-fashioned glass over ice cubes. Fill with sweet and sour, add grenadine for color, and stir. Add cherry on top and serve.

or.. Jolly Rancher #2 recipe
1 shot Apple schnapps
1 shot Peach schnapps
1 cup cranberry juice

Mix and serve chilled in an old-fashioned glass.

Here's to a better day!! {{{Clink}}}

plainpat 12-06-2010 05:29 AM

Hope today will be a better day for you.Ages weren't mentioned, but most parents know kids go thru a spell when they're all for themselves.The day will come when they're grown up & much nicer to be around.

CarrieAnne 12-06-2010 05:30 AM

Aw, sounds like a bad day! Sending hugs!@

Tinabodina 12-06-2010 05:46 AM

I was taught as a child and it still sticks with me today. If someone is kind enough to give you a place to visit or stay, leave it better than you found it. I can only hope this message will be taught for generations to come, but so far I too am not seeing that in the upcoming generation.

clem55 12-06-2010 05:49 AM

When my son brings the little ones to visit, they want to get out everything to play. It is like they want to be sure to get it all in before they have to go home again. They can make a mess so fast! But when it is time to leave, he tells them to pick up, and then he will go around and check, and whatever has been overlooked, he puts it away. He does that everytime, if it is summer and they have bikes and sandbox toys out, they are picked up and he always puts the bikes back into the garage.. When my kids were little, they played with one thing at a time , and before they went on to something else, that toy was put up. We don't do that with the grandkids, they are here so seldom we don't want to be on their case all the time. Difference between your children and grands!LOL