Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Double wedding ring success (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/double-wedding-ring-success-t264716.html)

matraina 05-03-2015 03:49 PM

When can we get a picture?

matraina 05-03-2015 03:53 PM

Can't believe this is only your second quilt. Great job!

DebbieJJ 05-04-2015 03:40 AM

Love those colors and the way you've used them! It's going to be very pretty! If you can't get the corner to lay flat, it's not so bad that you may be able to "quilt it out". :o Can you tell that I've had some similar experiences?

toverly 05-04-2015 04:18 AM

Your colors are lovely! What a lucky bride! Great job.

Tippytoes 05-04-2015 06:35 AM

Hi everyone, greetings from a sunny North Yorkshire

i cannot thank you all enough for your confidence building words. The colours were a difficult selection for me as I'm fearful with colour combinations and struggle to just let go and go with it. The blue is suggestive of wave am which is why I chose it as the bride & groom live by the sea! The sunshine yellow will be the reverse of the quilt as when I attempted to add it into the piecing it just didn't sit well.

Im loving the idea of your volcanic Dresden Plate and thank you for your tips on correcting the excess. You were right, when I inspected the reverse, I could see my seam tapered off which of course made the allowance greater and therefore produce the excess. Good call!

Halo, what can I say! The tip of watching Kaye Wood was life changing! You clever thing to know where to point me! I the back of my mind I was worried about how I was actually going to quilt this, as I only have a Brother Innovis 350 home sewing machine. I know, I really thought this through didn't I! Anyway, the Kaye Wood technique solves so may issues and so what I am doing today is making up a block using her approach and then I will compare them so see just how much difference it will make in time and effort, oh and of course end result!

I will, of course, post a pic when I'm done.
Happy quilting everyone
much love
Mags
x

just_the_scraps_m'am 05-04-2015 09:02 AM

great start, you're so enthusiastic! i was going to put my two cents in & just say to be careful when pressing -- fabric can distort easily!

Tippytoes 05-04-2015 09:35 AM

I am rapidly learning the difference between pressing and ironing!'! Thank you for your reminder ;-)

mjhaess 05-07-2015 08:02 AM

We are like one big family...Love the QB...

Tippytoes 05-07-2015 01:04 PM

Ok, so here's my update....

I tried to make the block using the Kaye Wood technique and it wasn't really possible with my limited skills so I've weighed up the pros and cons of purchasing the Kaye Wood pattern and stencil and decided to go for it. Overall it will be a much easier approach and will make quilting it so much easier. I've had to order it from the US and it's on it's way! 7-21 days postage time and then away we go!
much love
!ags
x

Dina 05-08-2015 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tippytoes (Post 7189343)
Ok, so here's my update....

I tried to make the block using the Kaye Wood technique and it wasn't really possible with my limited skills so I've weighed up the pros and cons of purchasing the Kaye Wood pattern and stencil and decided to go for it. Overall it will be a much easier approach and will make quilting it so much easier. I've had to order it from the US and it's on it's way! 7-21 days postage time and then away we go!
much love
!ags
x

I amending my good thoughts that you get it in 7 days and not 21! Could happen. :)

Dina