Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Doubles (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/doubles-t224751.html)

sewbizgirl 06-29-2013 06:40 AM

I'm wondering how badly we really needed the book if we can't even remember we already bought it!

jeanharville 06-30-2013 09:40 AM

As mentioned above, Amazon does let you know you already have the book. But I too buy most books a flea markets or garage sales and I can't remember what I already have. Sewbizgirl, I think you've made a very good point. Maybe I'm just a collector of books and fabric.;)

BellaBoo 06-30-2013 10:15 AM

I was looking for a quilt book in my bookcase and found several doubles of other books. It doesn't bother me.

lynnie 06-30-2013 11:03 AM

anyone with doubles can send on tome. I only take them out of the library.
the money people spend on books, I buy fabs with

Battle Axe 07-01-2013 02:47 AM

Moda has a little catalog with all the Go dies in it. That is my 'list'. I take it everywhere. If the die is marked off in the catalog, then it is either on order, or I have it. I have a 6 1/2 inch rag die that I would trade......

twinkie 07-01-2013 02:51 AM

Why don't you offer some of them for sale on the board.

Originally Posted by Ccorazone (Post 6149794)
I have doubles of Go Dies. Money well spent one time ....but two times yuck.

1screech 07-01-2013 03:21 AM

I give the duplicate purchase to my niece,DIL,DD,sister or a friend and sometimes I get a free magazine or book from them. It is irritating but I always get a big smile or hug for the extra book so it balances my irritation.

romanojg 07-01-2013 03:37 AM

I rarely have doubles but almost did this past yr. I went to the Hampton quilt show and fell in love with batik fabric and thought it would make a great jacket. I knew I had bought fabric the yr before from the same vendor in NC so I was happy that he was there at this one. I've been trying and doing very well at not buying unless I had a specific job to use fabric on. And yes, I knew what I would use it on, the jacket I also knew that I had two jacket patterns at home from the yr before and decided not to buy anymore. When I got home I went to pull up the pattern and with it was the fabric that I almost bought earlier that day. I just laughed and said well I must really love that fabric and so glad I didn't break the rules of not spending that I had put on myself. Now, there has been times on emblibrary.com that I've started to buy the same design or even download a freebee and the site lets me know that I already have that in my order history. I love when companies do that.

Raggiemom 07-01-2013 03:59 AM

I somehow bought the same fabric twice within the same week!

DOTTYMO 07-01-2013 04:15 AM

I started the thread and I give my doubles when I find them to a friend or just put them out at a class and say free to anyone who would like it. Never take things home and other people are delighted with the gift.