Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Downy Quilt Kit (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/downy-quilt-kit-t49929.html)

quiltinghere 06-16-2010 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by HeatherQuilts
They will send you a pattern with your kit. They also ask you to send in another one that you have made. (it's optional though)
I have yet to do mine.... :oops: :oops:
Going on my list now!! Right on top!

Don't feel bad Heather - I just opened the two kits that I've had for a long time. Shame on me too :(

Then the power went out so I was stopped again.

I'm going to work on mine and will try to have them done by next weekend. The next few days are already booked with appointments and promises.

My excuse was that I wasn't confident to make them but I'm feeling more confident now. Just finished the flannel baby quilts using the 'birthing' method and it turned out GREAT! I even quilted it myself! :thumbup: So I'll finish the Downey ones the same way.

How about it Heather - gonna work on your quilt(s) too?

:thumbup: :lol:

HeatherQuilts 06-16-2010 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere

Originally Posted by HeatherQuilts
They will send you a pattern with your kit. They also ask you to send in another one that you have made. (it's optional though)
I have yet to do mine.... :oops: :oops:
Going on my list now!! Right on top!

Don't feel bad Heather - I just opened the two kits that I've had for a long time. Shame on me too :(

Then the power went out so I was stopped again.

I'm going to work on mine and will try to have them done by next weekend. The next few days are already booked with appointments and promises.

My excuse was that I wasn't confident to make them but I'm feeling more confident now. Just finished the flannel baby quilts using the 'birthing' method and it turned out GREAT! I even quilted it myself! :thumbup: So I'll finish the Downey ones the same way.

How about it Heather - gonna work on your quilt(s) too?

:thumbup: :lol:

What is the "birthing" method? Sounds...interesting (especially because I'm pregnant! lol)
I am making my list of all my UFO's/WIP's, and it's a LOT longer that I would like!! I will work on the QFK's right after I finish a table runner for the 4th of July. I have so many projects! UUUGGHH!!!
:lol:

sewcrazygirl 06-16-2010 01:38 PM

do we have to do a binding?? I was thinking of turning mine inside out and serging the ends. I am not good at binding.

Rexene 06-16-2010 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrazygirl
do we have to do a binding?? I was thinking of turning mine inside out and serging the ends. I am not good at binding.

Yes, you can do the pillow type of finishing.

2wheelwoman 06-16-2010 05:36 PM

Pillow finishing will work fine. They just want to avoid hand sewn bindings as they may catch on the IV lines and other tubes and such around the bed.

I've got one I need to finish also.

sewcrazygirl 06-16-2010 05:51 PM

Ic so pillow finishing is the perfect option then!

littlehud 06-17-2010 08:54 PM

Have a great time when you get it. They are fun to do.