Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Easy Quilt Pattern for a Child's Twin Size (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/easy-quilt-pattern-childs-twin-size-t37715.html)

Barbm 02-25-2010 05:59 AM

from quilters cache- square in a square 2. You can use the butterfly as the main square and the red and white will compliment it.

Love the butterfly fabric! GD is soooo into them lately.

PurplePassion 02-25-2010 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
I would probably alternate a solid square of butterflies, next to a square with red/white (a star or something), then butterflies, then red/white, so that way half the blocks you just need to cut.

Where do you have the time to do all these quilts?? I think you've shown more quilts in the last few weeks than I have total on this board!

Doesn't it seem like the guys can make quilts faster than some of us . They probably don't do anything else; cooking , cleaning, chores.

miholmes 02-25-2010 06:36 AM

LOL - Is it bad I'm at work and planning what my evening will look like...which includes about 4 hours piecing and fixing the last square on my last top that I turned the wrong way. :-P

But I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I hire a housekeeper to come clean every week. ;)

Originally Posted by PurplePassion

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
I would probably alternate a solid square of butterflies, next to a square with red/white (a star or something), then butterflies, then red/white, so that way half the blocks you just need to cut.

Where do you have the time to do all these quilts?? I think you've shown more quilts in the last few weeks than I have total on this board!

Doesn't it seem like the guys can make quilts faster than some of us . They probably don't do anything else; cooking , cleaning, chores.

Ditter43 02-25-2010 07:46 AM

You could do a four patch with two of the fabrics and use the other as a solid block the same size as the finished four patch. It is a fast and simple quilt to make!

Ditter

watterstide 02-25-2010 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the only time i would suggest pre-washing all the fabrics..with a solid red..i wouldn't trust it not to bleed.
the suqare in a square 2 is a great block..on quilters cache..they have other examples done with different colorways,usually with every quilt pattern they have..
Have fun!

square in a square 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20498[/ATTACH]

sewcrafty 02-25-2010 09:29 AM

[quote=miholmes]LOL - Is it bad I'm at work and planning what my evening will look like...which includes about 4 hours piecing and fixing the last square on my last top that I turned the wrong way. :-P

But I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I hire a housekeeper to come clean every week. ;)

That's just not nice!!! :lol:

quazyquilter 02-25-2010 09:33 AM

You could do big square, with print fabric, then make a 4-patch with the other 2 fabrics= big squares, little squares...