Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EEK! Quilting Is #1 in What's Important In My Life (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eek-quilting-1-whats-important-my-life-t37900.html)

weezie 02-25-2010 06:30 AM

It has just hit me like a ton of bricks that I arrange everything in my life (if possible) around quilting. I do my housework (minimal) and yardwork (weather permitting) and shopping (yuk!), tend to the dog and the sickly husband, but it's all irritating stuff to get over with so I can get back to some aspect of quilting. I choose machine embroidery designs strictly for incorporating into quilts. My favorite DVD is about long arm quilting machines, my favorite computer inbox messages are from this QB. ALL my "wish list" items are sewing related.

So I have to ask myself, "Is quilting my therapy or do I need therapy?" From reading postings on this QB, I think I'm not the only one in this boat!

tlrnhi 02-25-2010 06:35 AM

You have a problem? Nope, not that I can see.
So, tell me....I'll be your therapist....I charge in yardage and fat quarters.....what seems to be your problem??? ;)

BellaBoo 02-25-2010 06:47 AM

Quilting is fun for me so I devote a lot of time to it. I have no small children and DH is an adult who is capable of making a sandwich and finding the laundry room himself. I can't imagine not quilting. My sister in law made a comment about how many hours I spent in my sewing room when I could be out volunteering for the food kitchen. Let's just say she left in a huff and has never mentioned my volunteering again. No one puts down my DH, kids, pets, or my quilting in that order. LOL

weezie 02-25-2010 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
So, tell me....I'll be your therapist....I charge in yardage and fat quarters.....what seems to be your problem??? ;)

Hahahahahahaha! Always remember and never forget that you are packing up to move!! No more fabric for you right now! Incidentally, has your upcoming move become #1 priority (over quilting) in your thoughts?

Katrine 02-25-2010 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by weezie
It has just hit me like a ton of bricks that I arrange everything in my life (if possible) around quilting. I do my housework (minimal) and yardwork (weather permitting) and shopping (yuk!), tend to the dog and the sickly husband, but it's all irritating stuff to get over with so I can get back to some aspect of quilting. I choose machine embroidery designs strictly for incorporating into quilts. My favorite DVD is about long arm quilting machines, my favorite computer inbox messages are from this QB. ALL my "wish list" items are sewing related.

So I have to ask myself, "Is quilting my therapy or do I need therapy?" From reading postings on this QB, I think I'm not the only one in this boat!

Now you really are a fully fledged quilter!

montanaquilter 02-25-2010 06:58 AM

okay, group therapy session #1 is starting!!! i don't think we have any quilting problems(#1 denial)!! if i don't get to do any quilting or related quilting i get very sad(#2 depression, saddness) if someone messes with my quilting or my stash I get very (#3 angry). my stash is getting rather large, i won't buy anymore until half of it is used up. i won't go to the LQS or buy anymore magazines until i've finished 10 quilts(#4 bargaining). Oh hell, who am I kidding, quilting is my life and i'm going to do everything quilting and shop until i drop because my stash can never get too low!! Who cares about the housework and laundry, it just gets dirty 5 minutes later anyhow!! (#5 ACCEPTANCE)!!!!! Let's accept our addiction and be happy!!!!

tlrnhi 02-25-2010 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by weezie

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Hahahahahahaha! Always remember and never forget that you are packing up to move!! No more fabric for you right now! Incidentally, has your upcoming move become #1 priority (over quilting) in your thoughts?

One can NEVER have too much fabric, but with all these boxes I'm packing, I think hubby thinks I have too much. lol
I have to go and buy a few more bins and another box of large bags.

montanaquilter 02-25-2010 07:02 AM

oh by the way we don't need anymore sessions!! we are cured! going to enjoy our quilting obsession no matter what anyone says. if they say something they are not real quilters and just wouldn't understand!!

quazyquilter 02-25-2010 07:07 AM

I am right there with you! :roll: :lol: :-)

weezie 02-25-2010 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by montanaquilter
oh by the way we don't need anymore sessions!! we are cured! going to enjoy our quilting obsession no matter what anyone says. if they say something they are not real quilters and just wouldn't understand!!

Well, making quilts makes me happy. I don't need a nurse to give me drugs to calm me down or to tuck me in or lock me in at night; I'm not a danger to others or myself, so that's all to the good. I guess I'll just continue to enjoy my obsession ... ooops, I mean "hobby".