Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Eleanor Burns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eleanor-burns-t164247.html)

cjsparks 10-29-2011 05:18 PM

I like Eleanor's techniques. I find myself using her techniques on other quilts. Sometimes I have to include a little extra yardage but it is well worth it.

krafty14 10-29-2011 05:35 PM

I have watched Eleanor Burns for many years whenever I can find her on my TV. While I watched her quilting, my father really enjoyed listening to her history lessons. He always looked forward to watching her programs with me. Ann

pattyskypants 10-29-2011 05:48 PM

One of the best things about her show/dvds/books is that she DOES include a lot of history about quilting and how it reflected the way women had to live throughout the various eras (cultural, political, economic) of this country. Her earlier shows didn't focus so much on history but rather on speed quilting and in those days we watched Penny McMorris for our "history lessons." Thank GOODNESS for PBS, eh?

sniktasemaj 10-29-2011 05:53 PM

I watch her as much as I can. I just finished her "delectable moutains" pattern in a queen sized quilt and have sent it to Charisma for longarming. My husband watches with me and never fails to comment when she throws scraps over her shoulder. He loves it. I enjoy her. She is so down to earth. She is near my age and was raised a lot like I was.

QuiltnLady1 10-29-2011 06:01 PM

I love her -- have watched her for many many years (when her show was in her attic). I love her books because of the history she includes about the quilts or block patterns. I have made several of her patterns.

LivelyLady 10-29-2011 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by GABBYABBY

Originally Posted by DeeBooper
I absolutetly love Eleanor Burns! She is my favorite. She makes things very simple in her books and I have learned a lot from her. I can't wait to meet her one day!

Me too!!!

Me three!!!

Mickey1 10-29-2011 07:06 PM

When I initially began watching EB on tv I was somewhat irritated by her voice. Thank goodness I didn't stop watching because I've learned so much from her. She is an excellent instructor.

susie-susie-susie 10-29-2011 07:42 PM

I love watching her and she has taught me a lot. I have several of her books, and her techniques really make things easier. I would love to meet her someday. She seems to be very nice and humble also.
Slue

Jingle 10-29-2011 07:49 PM

I only have her Lover's Knot book, not crazy for the non sewing stuff. Her instructions are good and the Picutres help too.

RST 10-29-2011 08:15 PM

I've learned a lot from her books and TV show. I find her patterns very easy to follow-- she's a good teacher. She also has a good sense of humor, which has recently been quite evident on her FB page, but which has been there all along -- think of the title "Still Stripping After All These Years." As for the history of quilting -- that's not what I key in on in her presentations -- I'm more aware of technique and method. I think a lot of young quilters would really like her and her ideas if they had the vision to see her patterns in fabrics and colors that speak to them as "modern".