Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Electric Quilt 7 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/electric-quilt-7-a-t61981.html)

Harmony 08-29-2010 09:45 PM

I just got the EQ7 upgrade for my birthday. I've been playing with it all weekend. I will admit freely that I haven't taken the time to learn this program as well as I should have, but I'm trying to do that now. Haven't tried scanning fabrics or downloading them from online--I haven't gotten to that chapter yet!

gale 08-29-2010 10:04 PM

Can you import jpg pictures into EQ now? I know on EQ5 I had to convert them to bmp format first. That was a pain.

BellaBoo 08-29-2010 10:34 PM

Yes it imports jpg and gifs and maybe others, I've only used jpg and gifs. Open fabric library and click import. Find your file where you saved your images and highlight all of them at once and click open. Then put save to sketchbook. The fabrics will be in the library. You can select a fabric and see how it will look in a stack and whack using the symmetry tool. I just discovered this feature and it is too much fun.

Some good how to videos on doyoueq.com

craftybear 08-29-2010 11:10 PM

wow, lots of great information

BRenea 08-30-2010 03:18 AM

I love EQ7! I've been reorganizing my stash and trying to scan my fabrics into it, I like being able to "see" my quilt before I start cutting!

ladydi64 08-30-2010 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
It's faster to find a picture of your fabric online and import the picture and not scan all the fabric. The ones you can't find a picture of then you scan it. I found about all of my fabric, even the older ones, online for sale somewhere. Just right click and save image to a new folder on your desk top then import to EQ from there.

Thanks for that information I will start doing that right away instead of waiting for the program to come.

sjhughson 08-30-2010 04:56 AM

I can't seem to find the time to work on learning EQ7. I tried to keep it by my chair for night sitting, TV watching, but I'm so tired by then learning just isn't going to happen. Any suggestions?

cattailsquilts 08-30-2010 07:23 AM

It's faster to find a picture of your fabric online and import the picture and not scan all the fabric. The ones you can't find a picture of then you scan it. I found about all of my fabric, even the older ones, online for sale somewhere. Just right click and save image to a new folder on your desk top then import to EQ from there.

That's a great idea, as long as you have a selvage to tell you what it is! :)

BellaBoo 08-30-2010 07:52 AM

You can take a picture of it with a digital camera. I think that way is still faster and easier then scanning. Scanning takes too long for me. Most of the fabric lines have an EQ file for the fabric. All of Connecting Threads fabric lines have an EQ file. EQ website has archives of fabric lines too.

cattailsquilts 08-30-2010 08:07 AM

You can take a picture of it with a digital camera. I think that way is still faster and easier then scanning. Scanning takes too long for me. Most of the fabric lines have an EQ file for the fabric. All of Connecting Threads fabric lines have an EQ file. EQ website has archives of fabric lines too.

Duh! Now that's a good idea, too! Why didn't I think of that.... *headdesk*