Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Electric Quilt 7

Blog Entries
    I have just purchased this program and can't wait to get it, I went on line to their web site and watched the video and said this is what I need. I can't wait to get it because I am planning on putting all my stash into the program and then design my quits on line with my own stash this will save me a lot of time because I can see if what I have on hand will work and if I like what it looks like. I should be receiving the program in about a week.

I am so jealous!! Can you put it on any computer ? I am learning to use the computer on the Quilting Board. Any and all help is cheerfully accepted. 8-) :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Have fun - this is what I do. It's nice to see what color looks best where - before you even cut.

Now that my stash is neat & organized, I should scan mine into EQ. You'll love it, I'm sure. I bought EQ6 on the recommendation of the lady I bought my mid-arm from, and upgraded to 7 in June. I don't regret it one bit!

JJs
    Banned
    Electric Quilt should thank all the designers out there for a huge boost in sales buwahahahahaaaaaaa

The possibilities are endless with the program.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neece
    I am so jealous!! Can you put it on any computer ? I am learning to use the computer on the Quilting Board. Any and all help is cheerfully accepted. 8-) :mrgreen:
    Yes you can as long as you meet the requirements for the program, which I do. This will save me a lot of time and energy because it does all the math for you to, which I have a problem with.

You'll love it. Look out tho - I have found that between playing in EQ7 and on thi quilting forum, I have a hard time finding time to actually quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by JJs
    Electric Quilt should thank all the designers out there for a huge boost in sales buwahahahahaaaaaaa

The possibilities are endless with the program.....
    LMAO!!!! I was actually looking at the program too today! I think all this hoopla with the magazines and the "rights" to Maple Leaves and such is going to come back and bite them in the arse!

Blog Entries
    It's faster to find a picture of your fabric online and import the picture and not scan all the fabric. The ones you can't find a picture of then you scan it. I found about all of my fabric, even the older ones, online for sale somewhere. Just right click and save image to a new folder on your desk top then import to EQ from there.

Great idea, I will have to give that a try & see if I am computer literate enough to do it successfully.

I just got the EQ7 upgrade for my birthday. I've been playing with it all weekend. I will admit freely that I haven't taken the time to learn this program as well as I should have, but I'm trying to do that now. Haven't tried scanning fabrics or downloading them from online--I haven't gotten to that chapter yet!

Blog Entries
    Can you import jpg pictures into EQ now? I know on EQ5 I had to convert them to bmp format first. That was a pain.

Blog Entries
    Yes it imports jpg and gifs and maybe others, I've only used jpg and gifs. Open fabric library and click import. Find your file where you saved your images and highlight all of them at once and click open. Then put save to sketchbook. The fabrics will be in the library. You can select a fabric and see how it will look in a stack and whack using the symmetry tool. I just discovered this feature and it is too much fun.

Some good how to videos on doyoueq.com

Blog Entries
    wow, lots of great information

Blog Entries
    I love EQ7! I've been reorganizing my stash and trying to scan my fabrics into it, I like being able to "see" my quilt before I start cutting!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    It's faster to find a picture of your fabric online and import the picture and not scan all the fabric. The ones you can't find a picture of then you scan it. I found about all of my fabric, even the older ones, online for sale somewhere. Just right click and save image to a new folder on your desk top then import to EQ from there.
    Thanks for that information I will start doing that right away instead of waiting for the program to come.

I can't seem to find the time to work on learning EQ7. I tried to keep it by my chair for night sitting, TV watching, but I'm so tired by then learning just isn't going to happen. Any suggestions?

That's a great idea, as long as you have a selvage to tell you what it is! :)

Blog Entries
    You can take a picture of it with a digital camera. I think that way is still faster and easier then scanning. Scanning takes too long for me. Most of the fabric lines have an EQ file for the fabric. All of Connecting Threads fabric lines have an EQ file. EQ website has archives of fabric lines too.

You can take a picture of it with a digital camera. I think that way is still faster and easier then scanning. Scanning takes too long for me. Most of the fabric lines have an EQ file for the fabric. All of Connecting Threads fabric lines have an EQ file. EQ website has archives of fabric lines too.
    Duh! Now that's a good idea, too! Why didn't I think of that.... *headdesk*