Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Embroidery Blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/embroidery-blocks-t106366.html)

PaperPrincess 03-10-2011 06:34 AM

I also like the idea of putting the names in the sashing. You could use different color thread for the different families, like you and all your kids/grand kids would be in blue, your sister & her family in green etc. Pull the colors from the embroidery designs. I've done a lot of name embroidery and what I would do is write all the names down. Figure out the longest one and select a font size that will accomodate the name in the space you want to fill. Then use that same font size for all the rest of the names. It gives a more cohesive look. If you have embroidery software, I would pull a small motif from the design, like that little flower thingy on the 'tail' from the first picture you posted. Then you could use this motif to pad out some of the shorter names. So like if you have an Esmerelda and an Ann, you could embroider ;-) Ann ;-), but instead of the smiley faces,you'd put the small motif. Again, this sort of evens everything out.

sewnsewer2 03-10-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by c1bendt
I also have the Quattero 6000 and this type of jacobean works up just beautiful- If you don't want to put the names IN the same block as the flower, how about using a sashing between and embroider the names on the sashing...

Excellent idea!

cmw0829 03-10-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by c1bendt
I also have the Quattero 6000 and this type of jacobean works up just beautiful- If you don't want to put the names IN the same block as the flower, how about using a sashing between and embroider the names on the sashing...

I like this idea too as it won't affect the beauty of the florals.

I don't know what type of block would look good with the embroidered blocks, but maybe if you look at sample quilts you'll be able to imagine them in a quilt.

Part of it will depend on how large the embroidered blocks are.

The blocks are absolutely beautiful. I'm looking for a machine to combine embroidery and quilting. (Looking at the Brother's sister - the Ellisimo)

overdew 03-10-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by emerald46
Absolutely gorgeous. I agree with Cindy for the names.

I vote with Cindy, too.

virg 03-10-2011 01:46 PM

Flowers a pretty. Where can I find them?

littleone 03-10-2011 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I also like the idea of putting the names in the sashing. You could use different color thread for the different families, like you and all your kids/grand kids would be in blue, your sister & her family in green etc. Pull the colors from the embroidery designs. I've done a lot of name embroidery and what I would do is write all the names down. Figure out the longest one and select a font size that will accomodate the name in the space you want to fill. Then use that same font size for all the rest of the names. It gives a more cohesive look. If you have embroidery software, I would pull a small motif from the design, like that little flower thingy on the 'tail' from the first picture you posted. Then you could use this motif to pad out some of the shorter names. So like if you have an Esmerelda and an Ann, you could embroider ;-) Ann ;-), but instead of the smiley faces,you'd put the small motif. Again, this sort of evens everything out.

Really good suggestions, will have to remember these for myself.

What ever you decide the quilt will be beautiful.

theifner 03-10-2011 02:13 PM

these are beautiful I would put them all over the quilt and put everyones name next to them

heberstitcher 03-10-2011 02:56 PM

I have the Quattro 6000D also and love it. I also have the Jacobean florals. They stitch up so beautifully.
What a great idea to make a quilt with all the family members on it!!

Kayaker26 03-10-2011 03:42 PM

Those are outstanding! I hope you continue to keep us in the loop with these, can't wait to see what you do with them!

Connie in CO 03-10-2011 03:57 PM

Bamamama,I'm coming to visit so i can use your embroidery machine.Connie in CO