Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Embroidery HELP needed... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/embroidery-help-needed-t175423.html)

mythreesuns 01-12-2012 06:00 PM

Embroidery HELP needed...

2 Attachment(s)
My DH got me a Brother PE780D embroidery machine for Christmas. I am having major issues..most have been solved except this one..and I do not understand why or how this can happen. I am attaching pics of the front and back to show you. It starts sewing good and can for the first few colors..then poof..it goes horrible..or it can start out horrible..why does this happen????

moonwork42029 01-12-2012 06:31 PM

I'm going to guess it's in the bobbin area... Brother dealers are great for help, I'm sure they can get you on course in a just a few minutes.

Good luck and don't give up

CoyoteQuilts 01-12-2012 06:40 PM

top tension is bad. Not sure if you have a burr someplace or not. You need to have somebody check it out for you. Take the samples to them so they know what is going on.

mythreesuns 01-12-2012 06:51 PM

I did...and I needed more stabalizer..did that.. I did three different ones this morning and they turned out fine..then I went to try this one..and poof..I am starting to think it is all me.. she did one there in front of me..and all went very well.. so I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

sewgarden 01-12-2012 07:06 PM

Are you threading each time with the presser foot up? If not the thread doesn't engage properly and can cause this problem. Hope you get it sorted out soon. Good luck.

lonestardreams 01-12-2012 07:25 PM

That doesn't look like a stabilizer issue to me. It looks like something with the tension as Coyote Quilts mentioned. I've also had a problem that looked like that when my bobbin wasn't just right in the case. I rarely have trouble with my machine but when I do, it is usually how I have loaded the bobbin- you'd think I'd get it.

I sure hope you are able to get this worked out. It can be so frustrating. Brother dealers and support are great.

athomenow 01-12-2012 07:31 PM

What kind of bobbin thread are you using?

pjk0326 01-12-2012 07:58 PM

I have to say it really looks like a bobbin issue to me too. A great place to get embroidery help is at sew forum.com. I have a Brother Innovis and have found it to be a most reliable machine. If you can, take the machine back to the dealer and ask them to watch you thread the machine and put the bobbin in as well as do a design. Another suggestion would be to do some designs at home and as soon as the problem starts, stop the machine and take it to the dealer. It may be awkward but if you can finish the design maybe then the dealer can see it in action.

Scissor Queen 01-12-2012 08:07 PM

When the problem is on the bottom, the solution lies in the top thread path. That's a top tension issue. Is the thread jumping out of the take up lever?

ging10ging 01-12-2012 08:14 PM

Are you sure you are threading the machine right I know that sounds dumb but I had a similar problem and I got my book out and went step by step but Brother is usally very good at helping you out. I think it's something on the top tension/thread not staying where it belongs. Good Luck. Patience. Sue