Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Emergency!!! stained fabric...updated pic of front p.2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/emergency-stained-fabric-updated-pic-front-p-2-a-t14720.html)

sewjoyce 12-24-2008 05:24 PM

That's it -- just put a small applique over the stains -- hearts, flowers, etc. -- your mom will love it and never know you had a problem.... :wink:

(Or you could use small machine embroideries -- just embroidery on the front of the quilt and use the same color in the bobbin.)

ScubaK 12-24-2008 06:20 PM

Way to go Moonpi...for looking up the specs!
Hope this works!
Also, have you tried Greased lightning cleaner...it takes care of everything.
K

grammo013 12-24-2008 09:08 PM

I have used hairspray on stains like that. The spray must have been old and did not mix right. Try it on a scrap first. Hair spray has saved many things that has glue on them for me.

sewmuch 12-24-2008 11:37 PM

Your quilt is beautiful, I don't have a solution, but I would sure take the spray back and tell them what happened.

Barb M 12-25-2008 01:56 AM

My husband worked at a dry cleaners when he was younger, and then became a mechanic. He says that carb cleaner is exactly the same chemical that is in dry cleaning chemicals. He has used carb cleaner many times when we've had badly stained clothing and it works perfect, you can get it in any auto supply store. Hope this will help.

And you know, the quilt is so beautiful, your mom would want you to give it to her anyways, tell her what happened, and then take it back after christmas to clean it if you dont have time before

PS the carb cleaner, you spray it on, and then rub the spot, and then wash

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 12-25-2008 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Barb M
My husband worked at a dry cleaners when he was younger, and then became a mechanic. He says that carb cleaner is exactly the same chemical that is in dry cleaning chemicals. He has used carb cleaner many times when we've had badly stained clothing and it works perfect, you can get it in any auto supply store. Hope this will help.

And you know, the quilt is so beautiful, your mom would want you to give it to her anyways, tell her what happened, and then take it back after christmas to clean it if you dont have time before

PS the carb cleaner, you spray it on, and then rub the spot, and then wash

K, so I gave my mom the quilt anyways, and explained what happened, and she doesn't care. We're going to try the hairspray thing, and we'll try the carb cleaner too, thanks for all the suggestions! I'll go through all of them untill I find something that works :)

Grandma Cindy 12-25-2008 07:42 PM

it is beautiful, so many little squares...

quilterj 12-26-2008 02:59 AM

Did you get the stain out?

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 12-26-2008 05:30 AM

Haven't tried yet, we're going to buy some stuff today, since everything was closed yesterday.

sandpat 12-26-2008 05:34 AM

Good luck! I know how you feel, I gave my Dad an embroidered shirt that had a HOLE cut in it because I had to take out something. :( :(