Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   english paper piecing hexagon hand project- 1st blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/english-paper-piecing-hexagon-hand-project-1st-blocks-t192013.html)

quiltjoey 07-25-2012 05:15 PM

Those are stunning and spectacular!! Hope to see the quilt finished...

ckcowl 07-26-2012 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by quiltjoey (Post 5394430)
Those are stunning and spectacular!! Hope to see the quilt finished...

it'll be a while- i'm only about 1/5 th of the way done with the blocks (120+ blocks) but i will of course share the quilt when i do start putting it together & when it's finished. i love sharing as i go - kind of gives me incentive to keep going :D

Sienna's GiGi 07-26-2012 12:25 PM

Its addicting. Abdconsultant turned me onto it but I've never seen these shapes before. Cool.

earthwalker 07-26-2012 06:51 PM

Each block is a little work of art. This is going to be a stunning quilt. Love the fabrics you have chosen.

ckcowl 07-28-2012 04:56 AM

i plan to applique these onto a solid black background to make them into a quilt- we shall see- i seem to be getting faster (lots of practice i guess) so they are starting to come together faster- i am kind of getting tired of the pinks though---thinking maybe i should maybe incorporate other colors...what do you all think? i was considering 30= pink/black & whites, 30 purples/black & whites, 30 blues/black & whites, 30 greens/ black & whites ??? any ideas? or should i just keep going with the pinks??? what do you think???

MsDesigns 07-28-2012 05:16 AM

What a great idea ckcowl! Applique on black background will make a stunning quilt. With the last installment, there will be custom elongated hexagon piece provided that will set the hexagons together very nicely. You can print and cut out the custom pieces from card stock. It may be a decision to consider to put a black background around all your hexagons.

I like the pink/black/white, but adding new colors could make even more beautiful blocks. We only have a little over 120 blocks. Repeats in different colors will give the illusion of more unique blocks. 8o)

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5400207)
... i should maybe incorporate other colors...what do you all think? i was considering 30= pink/black & whites, 30 purples/black & whites, 30 blues/black & whites, 30 greens/ black & whites ??? any ideas? or should i just keep going with the pinks??? what do you think???

hairquilt 07-28-2012 05:21 AM

OMG-I have never done EPP but I must do this one!! Love it So much! must go to website immediately! Did I say I LOVE IT? I may even do the Pinks with it-I have lots of black & white-I am so excited about this! Thanks so much for posting the pics

ckcowl 07-28-2012 03:00 PM

after completing a couple more blocks & a third one almost done i have decided to stick with the pink/black & white- guess i was just having a moment when i was thinking i should incorporate other colors.
i may make some blocks in other colors and other sizes- but for this quilt it will be all shades of pinks with what ever black & whites i can get my hands on :D so far i have just used stash scraps- haven't needed to spend any $$- which is great. at some point i may have to pick up a fq here & there- but so far i have just used what i have.

MsDesigns 07-28-2012 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5401474)
after completing a couple more blocks & a third one almost done i have decided to stick with the pink/black & white ...

Sounds like a great plan to me! I love them. 8o)

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5401474)
... haven't needed to spend any $$- which is great. at some point i may have to pick up a fq here & there- but so far i have just used what i have.

That is what I like about these blocks. They are great for scraps.

ckcowl 07-29-2012 07:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
2 more blocks done- i guess i'm over my (tired of pink) and really liking them again :)[ATTACH=CONFIG]352124[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]352126[/ATTACH]