Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   english paper piecing hexagon hand project- 1st blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/english-paper-piecing-hexagon-hand-project-1st-blocks-t192013.html)

HisPatchwork 08-13-2012 07:52 PM

Beautiful! I have never seen hexagons like that. I am working on a scrappy one without any planned theme to it. Yours are just beautiful!

chairjogger 08-13-2012 08:04 PM

Awesome! ! What fun!

agentomie 08-13-2012 10:38 PM

Neato mosquito! Love them! What unique designs...where did you get the patterns again? Those are was different than the hexies I have been working on!

ckcowl 08-14-2012 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by agentomie (Post 5439452)
Neato mosquito! Love them! What unique designs...where did you get the patterns again? Those are was different than the hexies I have been working on!

if you start at the beginning of this topic & check out the pics along the way you will also (meet the designer) she weighs in & comments on my blocks every now & then- and also on a couple pages you will find links to the magazine- it is an on-line subscription quilt pattern magazine which has alot of free (to subscribers) workshops/group activities to participate in- this one is called "Dear Me, I'm going to Pieces" there is also a baltimore album group going on & a basket blocks---i'm sure there are more-those are the ones i can think of right now.
they are fun & i am really enjoying seeing them come together...i will have to lay out all the ones i have done & take a pic soon- i think i'm close to 30...although i haven't actually counted in a while (i'd be bumbed to count & find i only have 20...) anyhow- more pics will come as i get more done :D

ckcowl 09-13-2012 03:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
wow- it's been a month since i shared any pics- i have made a few more in the past month but things got a bit (summer/busy/crazy) so i certainly slowed down- i am just getting back at them again- so here's a few new ones :thumbup:
for anyone still following along.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]362580[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]362582[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]362583[/ATTACH]

Fraew 09-13-2012 03:55 PM

"for anyone still following along..." Are you kidding??? I love watching your progress. :thumbup:

babyfireo4 09-13-2012 05:41 PM

I'm with Fraew! I love following along, still need to order those pieces though lol Can't seem to get ahead some days :)

ckcowl 09-15-2012 02:10 AM

i've finished 40 blocks now- i think i read there are now 120 to do---so i only have 80 to go! :) i think she will keep creating new ones though :D i'm starting to (toss around) ideas on how i'm going to put them all together...any ideas?

earthwalker 09-16-2012 07:48 PM

I too enjoy following your progress. You are doing beautifully.....I have been working for years (literally) on a GFG, though I am almost up to the putting together stage. I am sure when you are ready to lay those little beauties out...inspiration will come. Anyway...look forward to your next instalment:)

rush88888 09-17-2012 01:52 AM

gee willikers! you are even piecing the pieces! beautiful choice of fabrics, too.