Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Enough already (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/enough-already-t113681.html)

jitkaau 04-06-2011 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Katiequiltsalot
Well I haven't had any trouble.I've been able to do everything I did before.

Same here.

Nanjun 04-06-2011 04:40 AM

Amen!

llamalady 04-06-2011 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by lfw045
Hey TreeFrog......Ignore the grumps...LOL! The administrators of this board will get the bugs worked out in due time. If people can't understand this then if they allow themselves to get frustrated enough to piss of the new people that are running this board, by constantly complaining, to the point of them shutting down the board well then......that would indeed be a shame now wouldn't it.

Chill out peeps, relax, do some quilting, have a cup of coffee or tea and let the admins relax and get their job done. After all, this board is priviledge, it is free for us, don't be so demanding.

GloBug 04-06-2011 04:42 AM

AMEN

CorneliaVa 04-06-2011 04:45 AM

Hey, Tree Frog .... I agree that Admin is doing a good job of trying to satisfy everyone's needs .....

I think sometimes a thread starts as a simple "Hey, this is happening to me, is anyone else having this problem?" in order to figure out if it is a board problem or a server problem or whatever ...... I don't think they intend to grumble .... but with each additional frustrated input, it just seems to disintegrate into a rant ....

On this board, no person has to "wait your turn" to response -- there are dozens of responses going out in the exact same moment! - Isn't the internet fantastic that way .... a hundred or more votes-a-minute. That being said:

With everyone jumping in from the git-go, with simultaneous responses, what was merely a passing remark becomes waaaaaay too involved ..... I try to take it with a giggle-and-let-it-go attitude ...... way beyond my ability to "fix" it .....

What was it Abe Lincoln was supposed to have said:
"He has the right to criticize who has a heart to help."

Great-great granny 04-06-2011 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog
OK people, enough already! The wonderful people are trying their best to fix this wonderful board, let's leave them alone and stop with this "it's slow", "it's taking too long" and "it's been a week already", "the link wasn't blue" and so on!

I am not one of the people trying to fix the board, however I am tired of the complaining! Even though all those things are bothering you, you did get on the board to complain! Stop the pressure and let them get their job done as best they can. Working on a computer is more complex than some people can imagine.

To those of you who are working to fix the board and I might add while it is up and running, I for one think that you are doing a wonderful job, I like the changes and appreciate what you have done for the board and in turn for us!

THANK YOU, YOU ARE APPRECIATED.

TreeFrog

AMEN to all that - personally, I have had NO PROBLEMS w/this site running slow or any other on my computer.

THANK YOU ADMINISTRATORS for providing this GREAT site for lovers of quilts. It's the BEST I've found!!!!

You're doing a WONDERFUL JOB - :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Latrinka 04-06-2011 04:52 AM

Good Googa Mooga! Happy quilting and quilt hugs to all of you!

huntannette 04-06-2011 04:53 AM

right on!!

jolo 04-06-2011 04:58 AM

well I for one did tell what was happening to me when I tried to access the Board ,not to be complaining but to let the powers that be to know it was happening in my area also in case that was important.

quiltmaker 04-06-2011 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant
The owners of this board need to know what is going on from a consumers point of view and convenience with their internet service, Good , Bad or indifferent.

We are consumers.

You are a consumer of a free and fabulous service provided for quilters for the love of quilting.

The topics of problems since the changeover have managed to reproduce themselves over and over when in fact if people took the time to scan the topics in the various forums and read what has been advised by Admin. and the Moderators they would see these questions would have been answered over and over again.

Many members have provided excellent advice as to how to get on the board and help with fixing their particular issue.

3TreeFrog is absolutely correct in her statements. Ranting and venting over the same thing ad nauseum serves no purpose and won't get the problems fixed any faster. It is as frustrating to Admin and the Moderators as it is to all of us.

Please give them a break and let this subject drop or PM the appropriate person with your issue if you still don't understand what is going on.

Intolerance or just plain ignorance of what is going on has become way too much. Frankly it's beginning to sound like certain people who believe it is their absolute right to have free services provided and paid for by others and complain when it doesn't go their way or have no tolererance when many people are actively trying to fix the problems.

Please People, give it a rest and let's all return to what this quilting board is meant to be. Enough is truly Enough!