Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Enough already (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/enough-already-t113681.html)

lynnsim 04-05-2011 10:14 AM

Thank you for starting this thread. I have learned so much since I have joined this forumn and laugh also. If it's a little slow at times, I can wait a bit. If anyone cannot accept the wait or inconvenience, they do not have to; they can leave at any time.
My motto in my old age: Don't sweat the small stuff.

fabric lover 04-05-2011 10:18 AM

I wonder if the people who are complaining read Patricia's tips? After all, there is a post about the maintenance of march 29.

SueSew 04-05-2011 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai

Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog
OK people, enough already! The wonderful people are trying their best to fix this wonderful board, let's leave them alone and stop with this "it's slow", "it's taking too long" and "it's been a week already", "the link wasn't blue" and so on!

I am not one of the people trying to fix the board, however I am tired of the complaining! Even though all those things are bothering you, you did get on the board to complain! Stop the pressure and let them get their job done as best they can. Working on a computer is more complex than some people can imagine.

To those of you who are working to fix the board and I might add while it is up and running, I for one think that you are doing a wonderful job, I like the changes and appreciate what you have done for the board and in turn for us!

THANK YOU, YOU ARE APPRECIATED.

TreeFrog

Sorry TreeFrog, I have to respectfully disagree. I am in a profession that uses computers constantly, and I know that these kind of issues would not be tolerated for more than 24 hours. There is really no excuse for this to have dragged on for this long, in my never-to-be-humble opinion.

Ditto although I profess to be humble (like Jseus and Socrates, right?) I have been either using, building, or selling computer software since the IBM 360 back in the 1960's.
Plus, people logging in to say whether or not they are having timeouts and other problems can assist in finding the source of the problems.
Plus, although we don't get paid to go on the board site, somebody is hopefully getting paid for service or lack thereof. Or is this a charitable endeavor?

Marty K 04-05-2011 10:33 AM

I agree with both sides.....We should be patient and appreciate a free website.....and, they should work to perfect their field of endeavor.....Glad to hear from all of you.....I would miss not being able to connect!!!

katyquilter 04-05-2011 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I agree! Thank you for saying what I was thinking.

Ditto!!

bobbie1 04-05-2011 12:02 PM

I think if you have a problem with something that we all have gotten used to being great..how would others know there is a problem with "the new and the improved" if we don't speak up? I am the first to tell the good about something but will also be the first to tell the bad. If that is making some upset....sorry. Certainly wasn't my intention. When the service is back up and running well...rest assured I will be first to "sing praises". I too appreciate this free site and spend wayyyyyy toooo much time on it.

sueisallaboutquilts 04-05-2011 12:34 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup:

quiltjoey 04-05-2011 12:43 PM

I love it that there are not "ads" popping up every few seconds!

gaigai 04-05-2011 01:25 PM

You can disagree all you want.

BTW: Is that a paid profession?

TreeFrog

I know I can. And yes, it pays VERY well.

luvTooQuilt 04-05-2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai

OK people, enough already! The wonderful people are trying their best to fix this wonderful board, let's leave them alone and stop with this "it's slow", "it's taking too long" and "it's been a week already", "the link wasn't blue" and so on!

I am not one of the people trying to fix the board, however I am tired of the complaining! Even though all those things are bothering you, you did get on the board to complain! Stop the pressure and let them get their job done as best they can. Working on a computer is more complex than some people can imagine.

To those of you who are working to fix the board and I might add while it is up and running, I for one think that you are doing a wonderful job, I like the changes and appreciate what you have done for the board and in turn for us!

THANK YOU, YOU ARE APPRECIATED.

TreeFrog

Sorry TreeFrog, I have to respectfully disagree. I am in a profession that uses computers constantly, and I know that these kind of issues would not be tolerated for more than 24 hours. There is really no excuse for this to have dragged on for this long, in my never-to-be-humble opinion.

My hubby owns a computer technology company.. HE and his crew work behind the lines to make computers sinc with the portals.. I for one, know first hand know there are bugs and glitches that are not a 'second' to fix.. 'WHINING and COMPLAINING will not magically make your issues disappear.

SO, I second this:

THANK YOU GEEK SQUAD , YOU ARE SOOOOO APPRECIATED.