Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ software.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq-software-t159926.html)

girliegirl 10-12-2011 11:09 AM

do any of you have this and do you like it??? I am wondering which one to buy......... please give me your input on it!!
which one should I buy?????????????

QM 10-12-2011 11:26 AM

I think every person who has gotten past the initial stages loves the program they have. EQ has a much longer learning time IMHO than QuiltPro. I own both. I was given the EQ at a friend's death. I made a serious effort to learn it. I have gone back to QP completly. I think it is much easier to use. Whatever you get, it will take some learning, but is well worth the effort. BTW, before I retired, aswell as teaching, I reviewed software for a major teacher's magazine, so I consider myself pretty good at learning software.

One consideration is sharing. If you plan to share results directly, I think EQ is more common, but you should ask your friends.

girliegirl 10-12-2011 11:36 AM

i will look at quiltpro as well, didn't know that there were more then just EQ! doin my homework, can you scan and download your fabric on quiltpro as well?

Originally Posted by QM
I think every person who has gotten past the initial stages loves the program they have. EQ has a much longer learning time IMHO than QuiltPro. I own both. I was given the EQ at a friend's death. I made a serious effort to learn it. I have gone back to QP completly. I think it is much easier to use. Whatever you get, it will take some learning, but is well worth the effort. BTW, before I retired, aswell as teaching, I reviewed software for a major teacher's magazine, so I consider myself pretty good at learning software.

One consideration is sharing. If you plan to share results directly, I think EQ is more common, but you should ask your friends.

UglyCook 10-12-2011 11:37 AM

I think EQ is great and not at all hard to learn. Get EQ7 and watch the videos or use the book that comes with it.

Also, QuiltUniversity has some really great classes that will get you going.

QuiltE 10-12-2011 11:44 AM

I don't have it though I see so many on here who do. They can do so much with it! ahhhh but it'd be more time at the computer!! :)

girliegirl 10-12-2011 12:01 PM

Well, i have no friends outside of here that sew or even pc savy... so it's all for me...

Originally Posted by QM

QuiltE 10-12-2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by girliegirl
Well, i have no friends outside of here that sew or even pc savy... so it's all for me...

Originally Posted by QM

Your Sister Your Sister Your Sister!!!!!!!!!! :)

gale 10-12-2011 12:13 PM

I have EQ7. Love it. I had EQ5 before this. I loved it too.

jljack 10-12-2011 12:18 PM

I have EQ6 and am happy with it. I don't use it much, but when I do, I use my book and it does take a while to design a quilt. I am always happy with the result, though. I wish I knew the program better, but I just don't have a lot of time to spend with it. Maybe after I retire I'll become proficient, but I am not yet.

rainbow quilter 10-12-2011 12:42 PM

I just bought EQ7 and love it. I found the basics easy to learn and I've designed blocks and used it to test colorways in a few quilts.