Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   eq6 - how often do you REALLY use it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq6-how-often-do-you-really-use-t29473.html)

sewgull 12-01-2009 06:44 PM

What is EQ6?

LindaM 12-01-2009 09:00 PM

I started with eq5, upgraded to eq6. Use it often, have scanned my own fabrics and faithfully get the monthly fabric libraries from the EQ site.

The EQ site also has great tutorials, and mystery quilts - designed to teach you something new with each monthly installation. There is also a discussion forum there to ask questions.

I've also found a scattering of fabric libraries from fabric manufacturers that can be imported into eq.

Something that I've noticed, is that I found I learned a lot about block construction by analyzing quilts I was seeing and then trying to figure out how the blocks would go together by playing in eq.

So I've loved it for a long time, keep learning new fun things! I definitely recommend purchasing.

brushandthimble 12-02-2009 04:43 AM

EQ6 is Electric Quilt, 6th and newest verison. It is a computer software that lets you design your own quilt patterns and choose fabric from its libaray or scan your fabic in and audition fabric and colors.

amma 12-02-2009 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by sewgull
What is EQ6?

http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/EQ6/EQ6.asp

Jim's Gem 12-02-2009 11:34 AM

I am seriously considering this. I thinks DH is ready to agree. I just got a class schedule from one of my LQS's and they are having a couple of classes to learn how to use the program. The first class is actually a "try it first". I think I may buy it first and then go to the class and learn how to use it.

moreland 12-02-2009 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I am seriously considering this. I thinks DH is ready to agree. I just got a class schedule from one of my LQS's and they are having a couple of classes to learn how to use the program. The first class is actually a "try it first". I think I may buy it first and then go to the class and learn how to use it.

I strongly encourage you to take advantage of the classes. I am looking forward to a class this spring. I'm sure I will get a lot more use out of my EQ6 after I've had the class.

sawsan 12-02-2009 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
I'm not sure if I just want to buy something or if I really want this. :roll:

So I'm opening the discussion to you all with 3 questions: how often do you use yours, do you spend more time drafting quilts than making them, do you ever say to yourself you wish you didn't buy it.

WHAT IS EQ6 :?: :cry: :cry: I DID NOT USE IT

shaverg 12-02-2009 01:10 PM

How do you find the sites that have the fabric libraries you can download? I download the monthly ones from the site, but find if I by fabric and try to import it from a fabric site it is distorted when you design your quilt.

Originally Posted by LindaM
I started with eq5, upgraded to eq6. Use it often, have scanned my own fabrics and faithfully get the monthly fabric libraries from the EQ site.

The EQ site also has great tutorials, and mystery quilts - designed to teach you something new with each monthly installation. There is also a discussion forum there to ask questions.

I've also found a scattering of fabric libraries from fabric manufacturers that can be imported into eq.

Something that I've noticed, is that I found I learned a lot about block construction by analyzing quilts I was seeing and then trying to figure out how the blocks would go together by playing in eq.

So I've loved it for a long time, keep learning new fun things! I definitely recommend purchasing.

Tiffany 12-02-2009 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by sawsan

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
I'm not sure if I just want to buy something or if I really want this. :roll:

So I'm opening the discussion to you all with 3 questions: how often do you use yours, do you spend more time drafting quilts than making them, do you ever say to yourself you wish you didn't buy it.

WHAT IS EQ6 :?: :cry: :cry: I DID NOT USE IT

If you look up several posts you will see a link to EQ6 posted by Amma.

sandpat 12-02-2009 02:26 PM

Moreland...did you do your cat quilt in your avatar with EQ?