Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ7--all my projects are gone. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq7-all-my-projects-gone-t64259.html)

barnbum 09-11-2010 03:51 PM

There weren't many--but what a bummer. I got on today to show my new d-i-l something I thought she'd like, and I had to put the disk in again. Thought that was strange. I did put it in, but we didn't try it since I found the imported photo. I just got on now to work on some color, and all the projects I've created are gone. I went back to EQ6 and everything on there is gone, too. There was a LOT on there. :?

Has anyone else had this happen? What should I do?

UglyCook 09-11-2010 03:58 PM

Did you check for the file on your hard drive? If you re-installed the program you probably need to link to the file again.

I'm new to EQ, but I found my projects by finding a folder called, "My EQ6". It was NOT in my EQ file, but rather under "my documents".

Sadiemae 09-11-2010 03:58 PM

Would it help to restore your computer to an earlier date? I don't know, I jsut wonder?????

Rosyhf 09-11-2010 04:58 PM

Just send an email to Penny at EQ, they will help you.

barnbum 09-11-2010 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Would it help to restore your computer to an earlier date? I don't know, I jsut wonder?????

We tried this--but it said there was an error--so we'll have to try again. Thanks for the idea!

barnbum 09-11-2010 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Just send an email to Penny at EQ, they will help you.

Okay! Thanks! I'm more worried about where the EQ6 stuff is--and secondly, I don't want it to happen again!

barnbum 09-11-2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by UglyCook
Did you check for the file on your hard drive? If you re-installed the program you probably need to link to the file again.

I'm new to EQ, but I found my projects by finding a folder called, "My EQ6". It was NOT in my EQ file, but rather under "my documents".

I found that yesterday--and it holds only the exported items.

gale 09-11-2010 05:26 PM

I've had project disappear. I had them all backed up when I had to get my computer fixed and when I restored them, they weren't all there. I was bummed because I had worked forever for a pattern that would work with the amounts of fabric I have for my dd's twin quilt and it was lost. So now I start over but haven't been in the mood. My hd died last week so now I have to call EQ to have them deactivate my computer somehow so I can reinstall but I don't know yet if my backed up files will show up again.

Rhonda 09-11-2010 05:40 PM

When I had to go back to an earlier date I had to reinstall my program. The error message is because it needs the drive from the download to be able to read the info. I also freaked out at not finding my EQ files but they were all there. I just had to find them in my hard drive. Anything you created only the original file survives the reset.

I don't know what kind of pc you have but I have an HP. I found all my originals in my C drive.

pennyswings 09-12-2010 03:50 PM

Karla I am so sorry this happened to you, wish I could help but I don't have that program. Wanted to offer my sympathy anyway.