Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ7 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq7-t105688.html)

Pattyjo7686 03-09-2011 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pattyjo7686
I would like to buy one but am limited on funds I am disable if anyone has a good deal on one let me know. email me patben@comcast,net. Thank You Pat

I am talking about a EQ5, 6, or 7 program

JoanneS 03-10-2011 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
I just received an e-mail from EQ. They are discounting the EQ7 upgrade for people who own EQ6. Also there's a special offer for EQ5 owners "They want you back" as the ad says.

Same here, except I'm a EQ5 owner. They offered it to me for $147. It's not an upgrade, because 5 cannot be upgraded. 7 is a whole new program, so I would get it witha $50 discount. I'm trying to decide if it's worh it. 5 was a pain in the neck - so many bugs that it was usually easier to dig out my graph paper & colored pencils!

Talk me into it!

gale 03-10-2011 09:53 AM

I had 5 and loved it (maybe I skipped over the bugs) but 7 is better and definitely worth it. At the time I got mine, the "upgrade" price wasn't any better than the full price but it was before it came out and a lot of stores had great preorder deals. I think it was around $142 so not far from what you've been offered.

3TreeFrog 03-11-2011 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Busy Bee
I bought EQ5 several years ago. I love it. I can not justify upgrading though :( The fun thing about it is my 3 yr old boy thinks it is a game and is wanting to constantly play the quilt game. He has so much fun placing the blocks and recoloring them. (usually the same color for the whole block). I enjoy designing my own blocks and layout. Also getting an idea of how much fabric to buy. So if in your budget I say go for it. :D

Busy Bee
Sounds good to me, I guess if you watch your 3 year old, you might learn something from him! lol

Tree Frog

3TreeFrog 03-11-2011 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by gale
I had 5 and loved it (maybe I skipped over the bugs) but 7 is better and definitely worth it. At the time I got mine, the "upgrade" price wasn't any better than the full price but it was before it came out and a lot of stores had great preorder deals. I think it was around $142 so not far from what you've been offered.

Gale

You know I am not going to tell you what I paid for my photo editing program, so this price really isn't that high! I am going to order it from a neighborhood province!

TreeFrog

3TreeFrog 03-11-2011 01:39 PM

I would like to buy one but am limited on funds I am disable if anyone has a good deal on one let me know. email me patben@comcast,net. Thank You Pat

I am talking about a EQ5, 6, or 7 program

Pattyjo

Wish I could help!

TreeFrog

milp04 03-11-2011 01:44 PM

There was some information and a free webinar awhile back at the QuiltingCoach.com. Sign up for e-newsletter to keep updated on her webinars.

Pam M

karenchi 03-11-2011 02:12 PM

It's nice, but I don't use mine very much. Have yet to design a quilt on it....

3TreeFrog 03-11-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by milp04
There was some information and a free webinar awhile back at the QuiltingCoach.com. Sign up for e-newsletter to keep updated on her webinars.

Pam M

Pam

Thanks, I just opened that site in an other tab!

TreeFrog

Pattyjo7686 03-11-2011 03:26 PM

Is the EQ7 upgrade any good you can get it on ebay half the price???