Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Equivalent analogy "My eyes are bigger than my stomach" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/equivalent-analogy-my-eyes-bigger-than-my-stomach-t287804.html)

wildyard 04-28-2017 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 7812086)
I have that problem every day!! I get the DGD's (who live with me) on the bus and take a long walk, come home and straighten up the house and clean the kitchen. By that time I do laundry and get dinner prepped. Now it is like 3 pm and I think I can get some sewing done but----oh no--the girls are getting home in 30 min.! I do squeeze in a few sewing hrs when they are not here but I agree with you that there is not enough hours in the day for our sewing/crafting hobby. Bottom line is that my granddaughters are in a safe place thank goodness and I can sew when time allows.

I can see your problem Jordan, after the walk is when you sew. Then you can clean the kitchen while you prep dinner after the kids get home from school while they are doing homework at the table in case they need your help as you are making dinner. LOL You can clean house a little here a little there, it will always need doing no matter how often you do it! Work the laundry in between sewing sections when you need a little exercise break from sitting too long. ;)

tlpa 04-28-2017 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 7813246)
I just took a load to the Goodwill to make room for all the ideas in my head!

...I love this.....great idea!

MadQuilter 04-28-2017 10:33 AM

My stash is bigger than my ability.

caspharm 04-28-2017 03:35 PM

It does seem that there is no limit to the ideas and dreams, just the time to make them come true.

DJ 10-11-2017 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 7812086)
I have that problem every day!! I get the DGD's (who live with me) on the bus and take a long walk, come home and straighten up the house and clean the kitchen. By that time I do laundry and get dinner prepped. Now it is like 3 pm and I think I can get some sewing done but----oh no--the girls are getting home in 30 min.! I do squeeze in a few sewing hrs when they are not here but I agree with you that there is not enough hours in the day for our sewing/crafting hobby. Bottom line is that my granddaughters are in a safe place thank goodness and I can sew when time allows.

Sounds like you have your priorities right!

DJ 10-11-2017 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by klswift (Post 7813238)
I had my own storefront shop for 29 years and taught sewing and quilting at night at a local big chain fabric store. I could not wait until the day when I sold my shop, retired from teaching and had a dedicated room for sewing and crafting. Well, the time came and I think the phrase is 'Retirement is going to kill me!!". I am busier now then I was then! Every day I get up and start in working on an assortment of projects. I still teach, I work 3 part time days at a fabric shop and I volunteer at a seniors shoppe. None of these were planned, they all sort of just happened. Add this to the selling I do online and various commission jobs (mostly for gnome homes and witches/fairy custom houses) and there truly are not enough hours in a day. I thank God I am able to still do these things, but, I am now looking forward to my next attempt at retirement......But. I think this is the nature of creative people. We have so many things in our heads that we want to make.

I spent many years while raising my DDs doing charitable work, so now that I'm retired, I support charities with my crafting (comfort shawls, Linus quilts and afghans, etc), as well as financial donations. I should add that I only worked outside the home part time, which freed me up for other time commitments. I'm pretty selfish with my time in retirement. Good luck with your second attempt when it comes!