Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Equivalent analogy "My eyes are bigger than my stomach" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/equivalent-analogy-my-eyes-bigger-than-my-stomach-t287804.html)

DJ 04-26-2017 06:42 AM

Equivalent analogy "My eyes are bigger than my stomach"

I was making a mental list of all the crafting I'd like to do today, including quilting a quilt, measuring for binding and backing on another quilt, some machine embroidery projects ... and was thinking "My eyes are bigger than my stomach". What would be a cute equivalent for this dilemma? Something like "my crafting plans outnumber the hours in a day"?

I'll bet most of us have this problem when faced with a good deal of time and trying to imagine what we could accomplish.

NZquilter 04-26-2017 07:06 AM

Every day seems like that for me!:)

Jordan 04-26-2017 07:15 AM

I have that problem every day!! I get the DGD's (who live with me) on the bus and take a long walk, come home and straighten up the house and clean the kitchen. By that time I do laundry and get dinner prepped. Now it is like 3 pm and I think I can get some sewing done but----oh no--the girls are getting home in 30 min.! I do squeeze in a few sewing hrs when they are not here but I agree with you that there is not enough hours in the day for our sewing/crafting hobby. Bottom line is that my granddaughters are in a safe place thank goodness and I can sew when time allows.

joe'smom 04-26-2017 07:20 AM

'My reach exceeds my grasp' is the phrase I think of, related to daily goals. Setting goals I know I probably won't reach gives me something to shoot for.

popover 04-26-2017 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 7812044)
I was making a mental list of all the crafting I'd like to do today, including quilting a quilt, measuring for binding and backing on another quilt, some machine embroidery projects ... and was thinking "My eyes are bigger than my stomach". What would be a cute equivalent for this dilemma? Something like "my crafting plans outnumber the hours in a da

I'll bet most of us have this problem when faced with a good deal of time and trying to imagine what we could accomplish.

My dreams often overshadow my ability......

QuiltnNan 04-26-2017 07:48 AM

"as usual I put too much on my plate" is typical of my life

QuiltingVagabond 04-26-2017 09:13 AM

A friend of mine recently said "you would think that since God gave me the talent to create quilts that he would also have given me the time to make them"! How true!

Boston1954 04-26-2017 09:16 AM

That also makes me think of the times when I could have been sewing and didn't. Then I think back and say I wonder how much I might have accomplished.

cashs_mom 04-26-2017 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by popover (Post 7812107)
My dreams often overshadow my ability......

^^^^^^^ This is me.

Plus, I work F/T and have so many other interests. I find most of my sewing/quilting happens on weekend days in between loads of laundry, dog walks, car cleaning (for shows) and other activities. I don't spend much time worrying about what I might have accomplished though. I have plenty to show for my time.

Jane Quilter 04-26-2017 10:18 AM

I want to quilt, but I wan to do other things too