Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ever had a cutting/sewing "marathon"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ever-had-cutting-sewing-marathon-t212572.html)

katier825 01-31-2013 03:24 PM

Due to my lack of space, I can be setup to sew or to quilt, but not both at the same time. So I do exactly what you outline. I cut a bunch of stuff (making my own "kits"), I sew assembly line when I am set up for sewing, quilt when I can.

bjeriann 01-31-2013 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter (Post 5828258)
Holy cow! I have enough trouble keeping the pieces straight for one quilt at a time, much less several projects at a time! I would never trust myself to do that!
Good luck!

Me too!!!!!

kaelynangelfoot 01-31-2013 03:40 PM

I think this is a great idea. Especially since I also can either sew or quilt and I use my cutting table to hold the blocks I'm piecing. I may try this on the weekend. Doesn't lend itself so much to paper piecing though (or does it?) and I have several paper piecing patterns I would like to try.

Ellen 01-31-2013 03:53 PM

Sunni, don't forget Westminster is Feb. 11 and 12.

I was involved with 30+ quilters from Alex Anderson's MB after 9-11 in making rag quilts. We delivered over 600 quilts to NYC Fire Co's and Police Depts. by the middle of December 2001. So I guess I can say yes, did that.
I have to give credit to Olfa for all their help also......They were wonderful!

Toni C 01-31-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter (Post 5828258)
Holy cow! I have enough trouble keeping the pieces straight for one quilt at a time, much less several projects at a time! I would never trust myself to do that!

And I would be so sore I wouldn't be able to walk LOL I know this cause been there done that and was sorry ;)

Anniedeb 01-31-2013 03:59 PM

Nooooo!!!! I couldn't keep track of everything. I have two quilts and two wallhangings going, and already mixed up fabrics!...or I should say "borrowed" from one project for another.

bakermom 01-31-2013 04:10 PM

for quilts, not so much. Back in the day when i was sewing for my kids I would spend a day or two cutting out multiple dresses/shorts/pants in the needed sizes. I got real good at adapting patterns for multiple sizes, too. I would then sew "unit style" like you would in a factory. Wasn't quite as much fun but I got a lot done.

Mariposa 01-31-2013 04:15 PM

I keep several projects going at the same time, and in different stages. I need to change up tasks, as I don't want my body to rebel to badly...
Try your idea to see if it works for you! You'll have the experience to know to continue that way, or do something a bit different~

Julie in NM 01-31-2013 04:21 PM

Never done more than one quilt at a time but do sewing marathons every Sunday. Just early am and sew till time to go to bed. That's how I get alot done.

mighty 01-31-2013 04:58 PM

I only work on one project at at time. I am to old to maration anything!!!! LOL