Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ever lost a quilt top? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ever-lost-quilt-top-t159010.html)

Tinabodina 10-09-2011 04:25 AM

Two years ago I found a pie plate and matching pie flute. They had 2 of them so I bought one for me and one for a friend of mine. I used mine and put the other away to give as a Christmas present. That was TWO years ago and I still can not find it. Keep your fingures crossed for this Christmas.

ksea 10-09-2011 04:32 AM

It is okay, it will surely be in the last place you look for it :lol:

Good luck!!

ksea 10-09-2011 04:32 AM

Sorry double post

GemState 10-09-2011 04:46 AM

A couple of months ago I lost a quilt top, and like you all say, I looked EVERYWHERE.... many times. It was driving me crazy so I decided I just had to put it out of my mind and someday it would show up.
Wellllll....as it turned out I was getting some flannel out of a box to make a baby quilt and what do you suppose was RIGHT ON TOP of all the flannel???.........my quilt, which was folded with the batting to the outside so it looked just like more white flannel!!!
These sorts of things can drive you crazy if you let them!!!

quilt3311 10-09-2011 04:48 AM

OH yes, I have done this. Amazingly my "I will remember where I put it" turns out to be just that, "where I put it". AND "it wasn't where I should have put it" ha. It will turn up and you will say "I looked there ten times."

Sharoni 10-09-2011 04:53 AM

Oh yeah, I used some black fabric for a project and when I went to my very neat and organized stash to do another project, it was not there! There was no where else it could be! My sweet neighbor helped me look and she found it. It was folded neatly in the dark fabric section. But...it was folded with the wrong side of the fabric in and It looked like a whole different fabric!

joycecil 10-09-2011 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc
Get someone else to look, they'll find it in two minutes or less! Somehow we get "blinded" and just cant' see what's right in front of us.

Good idea!

cdufur 10-09-2011 05:07 AM

Yep...sure have. It will turn up and then you will remember..."Oh,yeah, now I remember putting it there." I know it is aggravating !!

AngieS 10-09-2011 05:11 AM

Good luck finding it. I totally know what you mean! I have the same trouble. I put it up for safe keeping and then it falls in a black hole......to be found on a day that I am looking for totally something else! LOL I sure hope it turns up for you. ;)

auniqueview 10-09-2011 05:11 AM

I lived in a house with a ghost.....a VERY ANNOYING GHOST, who loved to keep moving the manual can opener. After having to hunt for the darned thing many times, I bought a second. Think that slowed him down? Nooooo. Finally, I gave up, bought A DOZEN. Threw them on the counter, told him to enjoy himself, lol. I could always find one after that, lol.

Hope you find your quilt top soon. Have someone else help you look. That usually works.