Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric Corner in Falmouth, MA Destroyed by Arson (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-corner-falmouth-ma-destroyed-arson-t257933.html)

ILoveToQuilt 12-08-2014 10:29 AM

Fabric Corner in Falmouth, MA Destroyed by Arson

So sad. One of the nicest LQS on Cape Cod was destroyed by arson last night. This was a family owned business since 1975 and was totally destroyed. Thank goodness there were no injuries. They will be missed.

NJ Quilter 12-08-2014 10:31 AM

Very sad, indeed. Especially due to arson. Fire destruction is bad enough when it's accidental but far more painful when arson is involved. So glad to hear no one was hurt.

Sewnoma 12-08-2014 12:55 PM

Oh, that's horrible!! Darn firebugs! I hope they had good insurance and will be back up and running soon!

quiltingeileen 12-08-2014 01:04 PM

Oh, so sad. Hope they can rebuild.

SueSew 12-08-2014 01:08 PM

That's horrible. It is bad enough that in this big-box-store economy the local quilt shops stuggle to survive, but senseless destruction of a building...and at the holiday during the busiest time of year for them, I imagine. So sad. I hope they are insured and can recover something

Boston1954 12-08-2014 02:50 PM

My goodness, I may have gone there a time or two. I just don't understand the thinking behind arson.

ILoveToQuilt 12-08-2014 02:53 PM

It looks like Fabric Corner also has a store in Arlington, MA. I've never been to that location. Hopefully, they will rebuild the Cape store and more importantly will find the person responsible for the fire. I understand that there was another fire down the street at a Dollar Tree store that was reported 15 minutes later, but was extinguished by a sprinkler system. Water and smoke damage there, but not total destruction like at Fabric Corner.

tessagin 12-08-2014 03:04 PM

I don't know what's going on but there were 3-4 cases of arson here just outside of Corpus Christi. Little suburb called Annaville and at another private home not far also. I believe one firefighter was injured. Then at a Holiday Inn on the beach downtown Corpus Christi, there was a furry character convention, monoxide poison threat in the hotel. At another hotel, Holiday Inn another incident, residents from hotel had to be evacuated. I don't like the sound of any of this. The arson cases they are sure to be related. the hotel incidents no one has said anything. Praying they find the culprits. for all the fires. Bad enough for an accidental or electrical (?) but some one who deliberately wants to do harm?

ragamuffin 12-08-2014 09:08 PM

Here in DE, there were three churches torched downstate, within a short distant of each other. Tonight it was announced they arrested two young men for it. All I can think of is what kind of families they came from. We will learn more later but what if these people are all connected on the web? We will probably never know. I believe respect is something that is taught at home. God help us all.

Sandygirl 12-09-2014 03:33 AM

Are these "protest" related?
sandy