Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric donated to out Guild and what we are doing with it. Any other suggestions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-donated-out-guild-what-we-doing-any-other-suggestions-t138728.html)

jljack 07-19-2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by np3
You guys are quick. Here are some of the other things we did.

If these other tapes stick to the fabric, will they leave a mark?

Nancy, you guys did great!! I can't wait to see it all at guild on Wednesday. I'm taking the day off to participate in the sew-in!! See you there.

BTW - the proceeds from the sale of the fabric are going to the Joplin MO quilt guild to help them replace all their equipment and fabric and other supplies they lost in the tornado. They make tons of charity items for their community, and now they have little left. We are so happy to be able to Pay It Forward -- what was donated to us we are selling to pass it on to the ladies in Joplin.

crafty_linda_b 07-19-2011 12:32 PM

It would be a lot of work..but you could 'tack stitch' the prices on..just a basting stitch thru some squares of paper..so the threads could be pulled out easily..but it would be lot of work..the $ store has the packages of tiny gold safety pins. I think there are 200 in the package. So they are cheap..good luck with your sale!! crafty_linda_b

np3 07-19-2011 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
It would be a lot of work..but you could 'tack stitch' the prices on..just a basting stitch thru some squares of paper..so the threads could be pulled out easily..but it would be lot of work..the $ store has the packages of tiny gold safety pins. I think there are 200 in the package. So they are cheap..good luck with your sale!! crafty_linda_b

Now that's a good idea! I'll go check on that!

debbieumphress 07-19-2011 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by jljack

Originally Posted by np3
You guys are quick. Here are some of the other things we did.

If these other tapes stick to the fabric, will they leave a mark?

Nancy, you guys did great!! I can't wait to see it all at guild on Wednesday. I'm taking the day off to participate in the sew-in!! See you there.

BTW - the proceeds from the sale of the fabric are going to the Joplin MO quilt guild to help them replace all their equipment and fabric and other supplies they lost in the tornado. They make tons of charity items for their community, and now they have little left. We are so happy to be able to Pay It Forward -- what was donated to us we are selling to pass it on to the ladies in Joplin.

This is great. I love it when someone can pay it forward. Good luck with the sales. ♥♥

booklady 07-19-2011 01:35 PM

good luck with your sale!

sharon b 07-19-2011 02:01 PM

I have seen then with the straight pins to hold them on - sure wish I was closer :mrgreen:

bearisgray 07-19-2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
I have seen then with the straight pins to hold them on - sure wish I was closer :mrgreen:

Straight pins are so easy to remove - and slide out very easily.

carolaug 07-19-2011 04:04 PM

What about using paperclip to hold the dots on?

dunster 07-19-2011 05:40 PM

We rolled each piece of fabric and tied it up with colored yarn. The color of the yarn corresponded to the price. It worked really well. Good luck with your sale. Ours was much more successful than we expected.

coachmatthewsvhs 07-20-2011 03:29 AM

address labels for printers work great and don't leave any sticky stuff behind!