Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   fabric glue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-glue-t166879.html)

moreland 11-07-2011 01:11 PM

The tips can be purchased (Nancy's Notions, etc.)--there 3 in my package. The ones I have are "Folkart, Enamels Tip-Pen" (Craft Tip Set) I see it says the 3 tips are different, one is fine, one super-fine, and one extra-fine.
I see on the back of the package this internet address: www.plaidonline.com. I have used mine with Elmer's School glue.

auntpiggylpn 11-07-2011 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by quiltymom (Post 4648033)
I use Fabri tac works very well!!!

Fabri tac is permanent!!!!!

Si's Nana 11-07-2011 06:16 PM

Elmer's or Rose Art schoole glue sticks. Elmer's is best but both do a good job. I like Elmer's as the glue is purple (dries clear) and it is easier to see where you have placed the glue. I don't iron the project to dry the glue. Great for small projects or applique. When used for binding, the glue is usually dry or set by the time you get all of the binding around your project. I use glue sticks for everything, applique, batting, binding. I buy 10 to 20 sticks at a time when school supplies are on sale.

Peckish 11-07-2011 06:32 PM

I use glue sticks for applique, and Elmer's Washable School Glue for any other glue job, such as bindings. I think the long thin nozzle glue you are seeing might be Roxanne's. I find Elmer's is more affordable and available everywhere.

Sewflower 11-07-2011 07:15 PM

I use elmers and glue sticks both work great for me.

LivelyLady 11-07-2011 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Up North (Post 4647982)
They ususally use a washable school glue like Elmers if you are talking about things like tacking the binding down.

That's the only glue I use......but haven't been able to find the special tip to use. JoAnn's didn't have it so have to keep searching.

LivelyLady 11-07-2011 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay (Post 4648094)
I use Elmer's School Glue all of the time to glue baste. I even use it to sandwich small items to be quilted- I find that the glue absorbs into the batting & doesn't leave marks on the fabric. I always test first to be sure & have been using 80/20 batting. The long thin nozzled bottles can be bought at craft stores & you put your own glue in them.

What a great idea with glue and batting!!! And glad to know about the nozzled bottles. Thanks!

Sheila_H 11-07-2011 08:06 PM

We use Roxanne's Glue Baste It and a small amount goes a long way, it's the one our instructors at the LQS highly recommend. It bonds quickly in a matter of a few minutes which is nice, the nozzles is a long needle that the glue comes out of and it comes with an extra needle. I've had this bottle now about 5 months and it's still full

3incollege 11-07-2011 08:21 PM

When would you use glue? I just don't think of that.

COYOTEMAGIC 11-07-2011 08:37 PM

I'm with everybodyelse. Elmers and Glue sticks. I don't use heat bond with I applique(too many mistakes that couldn't be undone once set) You can move the glue stick stuff around for an hour or so before it dries and hold firmly for sewing. Washes out with no problem with out the stiffness of heat bond.