Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-returning-wal-mart-report-wall-street-t70077.html)

kspurlock1 10-14-2010 06:58 AM

I have some good news for you. I am a research analyst (stockbroker) as well as a not so skilled quilter. I just read a research report from KeyBanc stating that Wal-Mart will be adding fabric back to their stores. How about that?

Here is an excerpt: “Over the last four years, Wal-Mart has gradually removed fabric from its stores, and now operates approximately 1,800 stores with full fabric .... down from approximately 3,300 stores in 2006. Until recently we expected Wal-Mart to remove the full fabric department from approximately 1,000 additional stores….Wal-Mart management is now changing its fabric plans. They cite customer requests for the product and an opportunity to drive incremental traffic. …Finally, Wal-Mart plans to selectively add full fabric back where customers asked for the product. At this stage, no formal rollout plan has been announced.”

Isn’t this wonderful? I know I have missed the fabric department at Wal-Mart!

It would be wonderful to hear back from you if and when you see changes in the wal-mart fabric department. Pictures of the return would be even better and could help move this process along. I also suggest that you voice your opinion to Wal-Mart store managers about the loss of fabric. They seem to be listening again – YEA!

looking forward to hearing from you

stewyscrewy 10-14-2010 07:03 AM

ok very very cool.

wolfkitty 10-14-2010 07:05 AM

A lot of people will be very happy!

Twisted Quilter 10-14-2010 07:12 AM

WooHooooo!

GrammaNancy 10-14-2010 07:14 AM

Yes, Our new super Walmart cut back but now seems to have more than they know where to put. :D

cjomomma 10-14-2010 07:15 AM

Our wm didn't lose the fabrics but it was down sized. All of a sudden they have more fabric then space. When I go in there the ladies are always complaining about what to do with all the bolts.

chairjogger 10-14-2010 07:17 AM

Such good news !! I notice that some major stores have fabric once seen in Walmart stores. wonder about Walmart's fabric line back.. prices prices prices.. whoo hoo !

dasmith2 10-14-2010 07:21 AM

I wonder if the walmart here will get it. Im not sure if they ever had it

kspurlock1 10-14-2010 07:23 AM

wow that is wonderful! I would love a picture if you could send / post :). A picture is worth a 1000 words.

kspurlock1 10-14-2010 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Our wm didn't lose the fabrics but it was down sized. All of a sudden they have more fabric then space. When I go in there the ladies are always complaining about what to do with all the bolts.

wow that is wonderful! I would love a picture if you could send / post . A picture is worth a 1000 words.