Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-returning-wal-mart-report-wall-street-t70077.html)

reginalovesfabric 10-16-2010 08:12 AM

just a month ago I called Bentonville and spoke with about bringing back fabric and she told me they were no plans to put fabric into the stores....

Rainbow 10-16-2010 08:21 AM

Keep us posted on this, please.....

nanegops 10-16-2010 08:51 AM

sure would like to see it back in dade city fl wal mart

mshawii 10-16-2010 08:57 AM

We have a brand new WalMart in Cornelius Oregon, and it has no fabric. I would love to see fabric in that store. The store is servicing all of Washington County which is just west of Portland. The nearest one is in McMinneville Or., which is about 40 minutes away, and I never went there. So to have one close is great but alas no fabric, YET.

stitchinwitch 10-16-2010 09:10 AM

I believe it when I see it - thanks

GrannieAnnie 10-16-2010 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by kspurlock1
I have some good news for you. I am a research analyst (stockbroker) as well as a not so skilled quilter. I just read a research report from KeyBanc stating that Wal-Mart will be adding fabric back to their stores. How about that?

Here is an excerpt: “Over the last four years, Wal-Mart has gradually removed fabric from its stores, and now operates approximately 1,800 stores with full fabric .... down from approximately 3,300 stores in 2006. Until recently we expected Wal-Mart to remove the full fabric department from approximately 1,000 additional stores….Wal-Mart management is now changing its fabric plans. They cite customer requests for the product and an opportunity to drive incremental traffic. …Finally, Wal-Mart plans to selectively add full fabric back where customers asked for the product. At this stage, no formal rollout plan has been announced.”

Isn’t this wonderful? I know I have missed the fabric department at Wal-Mart!

It would be wonderful to hear back from you if and when you see changes in the wal-mart fabric department. Pictures of the return would be even better and could help move this process along. I also suggest that you voice your opinion to Wal-Mart store managers about the loss of fabric. They seem to be listening again – YEA!

looking forward to hearing from you

I hope they mean the fabric on a bolt as opposed to the pre-cuts I see at our Wal-marts. Couldn't they tell by the crying, pleading and gnashing of teeth that we wanted our fabric?

jljack 10-16-2010 09:15 AM

Great News!!! Our super centers are split...one has a little fabric, the other nothing. Our other 2 WalMarts do have fabric departments, but their floor area has shrunk. Hope they get full fabric departments again. That would be great...we are in a poor part of CA...people can't really afford to only go to the LQS. Joann, Hancock and Beverly's are the only others here. A lot of people depend on WalMart...so I am glad to hear they will be returning.

patdesign 10-16-2010 09:42 AM

we should send Walmart the link to this discussion, maybe that would clinch it, sounds to me like only the chiefs, and not the indians know what is going on, but isn't that how it is in most businesses unless employee owned?

bobbie1 10-16-2010 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
I believe it when I see it - thanks

DITTO

FancyFoot 10-16-2010 09:57 AM

I have my doubts about my Walmart. The fabric was removed for party stuff.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Their party section is bigger than the Party Mega Store. Perhaps they think all us Las Vegas locals are party animals. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: