Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric stashes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-stashes-t146583.html)

glorcour 08-21-2011 04:06 AM

I thought I had a lot but apparently not. Quite moderate by comparison but now I buy only as needed: borders, backing and binding. Every time I use a bunch, the stash seems to multiply. Can't figure that one out!!!!

gollytwo 08-21-2011 04:13 AM

If I quilted everyday for 100 or more years, I could not use up what I have.
I'm getting ready to sell yardage as I've completely run out of room.
2 large rubber maid boxes (I have 20+) are blocking my bedroom A/C.
A friend said she'd help me move them - move them? - if there was another place to put them they wouldn't be there. LOL

cjaye44 08-21-2011 04:17 AM

My stash isn't too big...I just need a larger house :lol:

She In PA 08-21-2011 04:42 AM

I have a friend that os so orgabnized. Whe is is cutting and has any left over she cuts the pieces into nice useful sizes, 2 1/2 inch strips, 6 1/2 and 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 in squars and keeps them organized in a small dresser. Then when she wants to do mindless sewing she pulls them out and starts a scrappy quilt. My goal someday would to that organized but, I don't see it happening.

Chicca 08-21-2011 05:43 AM

Since I began quilting, about 5 years ago, my stash has grown into 8 large totes and about a hundred yards on a shelf. I decided to get everything organized and folded neat and pretty. I am beginning to wonder if I will ever have it organized. LOL.

Annaquilts 08-21-2011 05:51 AM

I am not sure how big it is but there is room for more. LOL I need yardage bad! Most of what I own is FQ or smaller. Fortunately I do enjoy making scrap quilts so that works out but I still need borders and backs. Lately I have been quilting my way through stash fabric but I always end up needing more for the border and or back.

DMotyl 08-21-2011 06:00 AM

I am trying to keep my stash somewhat limited but it's easier said than done. For instance I bought the fabric for a lap quilt called Botanical Blooms by T'Amore Designs. I ended up with lots of leftovers so I am going to make another quilt. I will need to purchase a backing and batting of course but I may have enough of the quilt top. My DH agreed to have an amoire refinished which will be able to store lots of fabric along with a closet in my sewing room. I am a little worried what to do when we put our house on the market. I am afraid my sewing room gets too messy when I sew. I am also planning to put 1 yd plus pieces on bolts but I plan to cut the bolts down to fit in the drawers of the amoire. I have a rolling 6 drawer storage space for all the smaller strips and squares. I hope to put batts in the amoire as well. We shall see....

SweetSlumber 08-21-2011 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Vicki W
I have enough that I have placed myself on a fabric diet. I am working on getting it organized. I would hate to guess how much fabric is there.

\
Me too! it's causing me anxiety, not pleasure - time to shop from my stash!

Therese 08-21-2011 06:11 AM

I have a 14ft long wall of shelves, floor to ceiling, of fabric. Ahhh... Another 5ft wide, floor to ceiling, bookcase of books. I'll post pics when I learn how to do that!

Dolphyngyrl 08-21-2011 07:36 AM

1 bin of fabric for certain projects don't have extra for just any new projects