Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric stashes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-stashes-t146583.html)

Nanjun 08-21-2011 06:10 PM

Your stash looks so nice and neat. Wish you would come help me get mine looking as well.

grumpy90650 08-21-2011 06:19 PM

my stash is lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of fabric!!!

Charming 08-21-2011 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a look of my stash that i collected within one year, and that doesn't count the piles that i am still working on to organize :-D

Charming 08-21-2011 06:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a look of my stash that i collected within one year, and that doesn't count the piles that i am still working on to organize :-D

i keep all my Jelly rolls/Layer cakes/Charms here
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245032[/ATTACH]

My secret Moda stash including kits
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245033[/ATTACH]

catladyquilts 08-22-2011 04:15 AM

with all the fabric and tools I could open my own shop

Izaquilter 08-22-2011 05:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
ok I promised if I got in my closet I'd show you my vintage fabric that I have stashed in there! I apologize for the sizes of my pics but haven't got time to learn to downsize them! I was looking for a CERTAIN project tonight that I decided to try & finish & just HAD to get in this closet! ERRRRRr bad idea!

this is fabric that my cousin & I bought at an estate sale. SOME of it. The rest are in totes in storage
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245503[/ATTACH]

Left side of closet of vintage fabrics from estate sale.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245504[/ATTACH]

blacks & browns & pizza boxes with unfinished projects
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245509[/ATTACH]

what closet looks like otherwise! What fabric???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245510[/ATTACH]

travelingquilter 08-22-2011 08:19 PM

there is 6 ft length of storage shelves, in the garage,--both sides and the end of the closet with boxes of fabrics to the ceiling, then there is a closet with fabric on shelves...top to bottom,.then 2 ...4 ft high closets with shelves full, then in the shed i have 5 boxes of folded fabrics, plus 6 plastic bins on a shelf. tell me i'm doing good.... i gave a friend 3 full boxes of fabric (for her women's church group to make quilts with) made me feel a little 'lighter'!! i am currently cutting up 3 boxes of novelty prints i have had around and kept adding to. they willmake cute kid quilts.

smiley_54834 08-22-2011 08:50 PM

sorry I have not a clue all I know is I have built 3 room additions on and I have run out of room. It is a sin to have as much as I have...

Annaquilts 08-22-2011 08:58 PM

Ooooohhh I see some fabrics in there. I'll come over to iron and fold in return for some 1/2 yards. LOL Your kitties are adorable!

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
I'm not sure how much there is in the various places. I'm in the process of redoing a redo of my sewing room.

I have this problem that I get an idea for a quilt. I have to wash the fabric, wait for it to dry then iron it. By the time it's ironed, I'm thinking another project.

Here is part of my stash.

Rose L 08-22-2011 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
I have 5 yards of a fabric I fell in love with and can't decide what to do with. I have 5 yards for UFO I just started and two shoebox sized containers of scraps and fat quarters.

Fabric is expensive and I try to use what I have for projects or design a project around what I have. I just made a puzzle piece quilt of scraps that I had.

Aside from my sewing machine, everything I have (tools and all) would probably fit in one large rubbermaid container.

And....you have been quilting for 1 or 2 months?? Just teasing. Ha!