Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric that is waiting patiently? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-waiting-patiently-t20020.html)

roselady 05-12-2009 06:44 PM

The fabric waits patiently, I , however am not. I have many projects, all fabric collected and pattern planned, just waiting to be cut. They cry out for me sometimes!!! There must be 20 or so, some I know what I will do with and others I am still thinking about the perfect way to use them. I will lay awake at night planning quilts in my head...not a great way to get to sleep but that is when it is quiet and still and I can think! There is nothing like the feeling of envisioning the right fabric with the right pattern or design!!!

lyndawn 05-12-2009 06:48 PM

I have at least 15 and that is not counting the ones that are already started. The 15 have fabric and patterns picked just no time to sew them yet.

Lynette

kluedesigns 05-12-2009 07:07 PM

so far, from now until december, i have 17 orders for quilts from paying clients and the closing for december orders is still 6 weeks away - so i'm sure this will increase a few more.

then i have the black/white swap.

then my DH has 2 quilts on request.

then i have about 8 quilts that i'd like to make for myself to further my skills.

littlehud 05-12-2009 07:17 PM

I can't begin to count the number of quit patterns I have bought fabric for and stored in my tubs. Ever time I'm sure what I will start next something comes along and changes it. Oh well, I'm having fun and enjoying myself.

MadQuilter 05-12-2009 10:41 PM

I am planning a horse quilt for my niece (from pattern) and it is amazing how many fabrics can be horse mane or fur.

Crayon quilt from Peanuts/Charlie Brown for a Snoopy freak and I have muslin and peanuts fabric.

Then I saw the most colorful bright and happy fabric that wants to be a lantern quilt (Design in my head).

My niece has changed her room to be turquoise, and I have the fabric to support that.

One of the quilt stores in town has a program to send patriotic quilts to wounded soldiers so I have to do something to whittle down my 3 bins of blue.

...and I HATE THIS BOARD FOR ALL THE INSPIRATION I GET. lol just kidding. :oops:

quiltswithdogs 05-13-2009 04:36 AM

Not too many right now. After the Christmas gifts, I was feeling guilty about quilting since I can't work yet poor hubby has to go everyday to a job he hates just so I can have health ins. A few weeks ago, I found this board, became enthused about quilting again and decided to use my lovely quilting room before we lose our home and move to a tiny place. It turns out DH is happy to see me quilting again! Since I've just resumed quilting after completing Christmas projects, my only WIP right now is our board's BOM, Pioneer 09 patterns.

plans for fabrics I already have:
--BOM... here, Pioneer 09 patterns...I've completed Jan+Feb, am in middle of Mar, have the fabrics for the other months
--sampler lap quilt from that BOM, will decide later about assembly, sashing, borders... have to wait to see if have enough fabric or not
--small landscapes, for framed gifts... have the fabrics, the patterns are still in my head yet to be drawn and traced
--blocks of a repeated pattern, 3 colors, to make a lapquilt for my mom
--decorative pillows for my plain bed comforter... have fabrics that go well with the bedroom's wallhanging I made
--I found making placemats to sell at Christmas takes too much time for the price usually asked. So, instead, I might use the Christmas fabric for a tablerunner.
--a piano cover for the keyboard... haven't decided; it's used so often and spontaneously, it might be more of a hassle and never get put back on.

In my mind, I have many ideas for projects that I haven't even considered the fabric or pattern for yet. I am too ill and too stressed financially to add pressure to my life. I can keep quilting fun by only having 2 projects going at a time. Of course it's also fun to constantly look for inspiration for patterns and colors like on flooring or scenes from a car window.

scrappylouisa 05-13-2009 08:11 AM

I have several quilts in various stages of progress.

Pinwheel Quilt.........I have all the blocks sewn just need to decide how to put together.

Churndash Quilt........I'm still working on blocks.

Maverick Stars........I have 3 blocks completed and several cut to sew.

Pineapple Blossoms.........still collecting fabrics before starting.

Intertwining Cat Wall Hanging.......still deciding what colors to use.

African Wall Hanging.........needs quilting.

String Quilt........still making blocks with scraps.

Scrappy Trips around the World........I have a few blocks finished.

Baltimore Blues.........pattern and fabric in box ready to start.

8-Pointed Star.........I have 5 blocks sewn and several cut out.

Birthday Sampler.......I have 13 blocks from a swap. The colors are Red, Black, Gray and White. I have pattern for how I want to set together. Need to buy fabric for sashings and filler blocks.

Danny's Memorial Quilt........this is a quilt I designed in Memory of my best friend, Danny who lost his battle with ALS in December, 2004. I have sewn several blocks that represent special memories. I'm still looking for a pattern for the center block. It will be a wolf.

Kitty Squares in Squares......part of the blocks are from a swap with ladies from this group. I have several kitty blocks that I'm adding to make a queen size quilt.

Yes, I know that I have 13 projects! The number 13 is my lucky number so I'm not worried.

dlf0122quilting 05-13-2009 08:26 AM

I am doing applique quilts with frinds, we each do 2 of each of 6 out of 12 blocks and share them. We are on Baltimore Bliss right now. I finished Bouquets for a New Day (my 12 blocks, 2 of 6 ea) and am waiting for that friend to finish hers for me so I can get it put together for our annual quilt show in Feb. I have a Sheila Wintle applique quilt that I am in the process of hand quilting and I always have square cut from scraps of fabric that I use for charity quilts so I never am finished with everything all at one time. I don't know how to completely finish one at a time. I am also making a racecar quilt for a grand nephew to be born in July (My nephew races cars so one of them will have his car colors and number on it). I just find it a pleasure to move between projects so I don't get too bored or frustrated with one.

purpl7 05-13-2009 10:05 AM

This is not necessarily one of those things that you want to know. There are a bunch of things that some up, and then you have to add them, and then, pretty soon you have a bunch... :)

1. Halloween wall hanging- partially done
2. Alexandra's quilt - flannels for my daughter(she's 3 and we live in MN)
3. Cardinal wall hanging
4. Northwoodsy outdoors quilt for my DH
5. Jean quilt
6. I could probably make a dozen baby quilts
7. 1930's BOTM from last summer, the blocks are almost half done
8. 4 or 5 tote-type bags (or more)
9. Disappearing 9 patch - One in flower fabric, one in scrappy

My grandma passed away in March, and I am the only one in the family who quilts (besides her). I know have boxes of fabric that she has been saving for years. She had 16 children(no, that is not a typo). And so, I also have clothing and batting and backing and scraps and thread and fabric and fabric and fabric. I came home with 25 boxes of it and I have only gone through half. And now, I have enough fabric til I die, I think. I don't think that I could even use it all.

I just need ideas, and then I can add them to my list, too! :lol:

k3n 05-13-2009 10:10 AM

Oh, what a lovely legacy from your Granma purpl7; it's wonderful that you carry on her passion!

K x