Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric that is waiting patiently? >

Fabric that is waiting patiently?

Fabric that is waiting patiently?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:13 AM

The question about only buying for one project at a time got me thinking. So my questions is, how many planned projects do you have waiting for you to get around to starting them? Meaning you have the pattern and fabric all ready and waiting to be made into something spectacular.

Me:

Trip Around the World: I've actually started this but its going slowly with all end of school year projects I've had.

Baltimore Bliss: Applique BOM

Blue and Green FQ quilt: I haven't decided on the pattern yet.

Rainbow FQ quilt: I haven't decided on the pattern yet.

Black and White Block Swap: Washed, just need to make them.

Floral Showcase quilt: I found a floral I love and bought a coordinating fabric. Its going to be a 2 fabric quilt on point somehow.

Patriotic Wallhanging: FQ pack of patriotic fabrics. Tossing around a few pattern ideas.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:29 AM

Gee -- I have to count them???? :oops: :oops:
Old 05-12-2009, 09:30 AM
k3n
Power Poster

1. Quilted door curtain - bought fabric and designed pattern - put on back burner but will finish before autumn comes
2. Silk quilt - 3 jewel colour fat quarters and dark gold tone on tone Dutch chintz border fabric, unusual black silk and hemp fabric - going to do card tricks wall hanging
3. Chicken quilt - collecting fabrics and patterns, made one block so far!
4. Dutch blue and white fabrics, making lots of small projects with them - everytime an appropriate pattern tickles my fancy
5. Dog fabric ordered for kaleidoscope quilt for a friend in UK
6. Farm panels from a lovely lady in NJ - going to make new bed quilt for DS because his is one of my first quilts and I now hate it! Also make him curtains to match. This will probably be the next thing I start, once my quilting queue goes down a bit!

I think that's everything I haven't actually started but got the fabric for - as for the WIPS, that's another story! :wink:

K x

Old 05-12-2009, 09:30 AM

Me:

1. Finish qulting my Lone Star quilt. The star portion is already SID quilted. Waiting until I get more practice on my new quilt frame / machine to finish quilting the rest.

2. Just picked up the fabric for a queen sized Bargello quilt for my niece's graduation later this month. She was supposed to send me copies of some of her original Anime Cartoon drawings. I wanted to applique them into a different design. I was even going to try and put a graduation cap on one of them But, she never sent them. So she get a Bargello, instead. I'm sure she'll like it anyway.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:32 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Me:

1. Finish qulting my Lone Star quilt. The star portion is already SID quilted. Waiting until I get more practice on my new quilt frame / machine to finish quilting the rest.

2. Just picked up the fabric for a queen sized Bargello quilt for my niece's graduation later this month. She was supposed to send me copies of some of her original Anime Cartoon drawings. I wanted to applique them into a different design. I was even going to try and put a graduation cap on one of them But, she never sent them. So she get a Bargello, instead. I'm sure she'll like it anyway.
Don't tell me - HORROR - you actually FINISH one thing before you start another???!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

K x
Old 05-12-2009, 09:32 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Yeah, come on Joyce, get your WIPS out! :wink: :D

K x
Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Yeah, come on Joyce, get your WIPS out! :wink: :D

K x
Well, I'm thinking about making a lot of quilts -- and I probably have enough fabric in my stash to make a couple hundred or so without going to the LQS! I don't consider them a WIP until I actually get them cut out.... :roll: :roll:
Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 AM

The Bargello will probably get sewn together and quilted, before the Lone Star gets finished. I'll be using invisible thread for the quilting on it, so perfection isn't needed. I'm using a contrasting variegated thread to quilt the Lone Star. So, more attention to detail is needed on that one. Also, there's no hurry to complete the Lone Star, since I'm making it for myself.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:42 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mytwopals
The Bargello will probably get sewn together and quilted, before the Lone Star gets finished. I'll be using invisible thread for the quilting on it, so perfection isn't needed. I'm using a contrasting variegated thread to quilt the Lone Star. So, more attention to detail is needed on that one. Also, there's no hurry to complete the Lone Star, since I'm making it for myself.
Phew, thank goodness for that - thought we had a serial quilter in our midst! :D

K x
Old 05-12-2009, 09:42 AM
k3n
Power Poster

[quote=sewjoyce
Well, I'm thinking about making a lot of quilts -- and I probably have enough fabric in my stash to make a couple hundred or so without going to the LQS! I don't consider them a WIP until I actually get them cut out.... :roll: :roll: [/quote]

:lol:

K x