Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
CHALLENGE YOURSELF! How about WIP's that are patiently waiting? >

CHALLENGE YOURSELF! How about WIP's that are patiently waiting?

CHALLENGE YOURSELF! How about WIP's that are patiently waiting?

Old 07-30-2009, 07:44 AM

Now we all have a bunch of ideas in our heads and we all have things started, but is there any way to motivate ourselves to get them done? I don't mean all of them, how about one? Could we all pick one set of blocks or project that is set aside waiting for some other day and just do it TODAY?!?

I think that we all should challenge ourselves to get one project finished in August. I know we can do it.

Let's post a starting block or pic or idea and then a finished one. How many do you think we have?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-16045.jpe  
Old 07-30-2009, 07:48 AM

I don't have a picture yet but my goal is to finish quilting "Purple Passion" before our vacation that starts on August 16. We rented a cabin at New Germany State Park in MD. Its in the hoop but I'll take a picture and post it sometime today.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:52 AM

I have a quilt that a friend wants me to make the top has been done for months. :shock: Then I got the fabric for the back and well I cut it WRONG :oops: and I haven't gone and bought anymore fabric for his back yet. SHAME ON ME.. I guess I should go and get the fabric which I'll do August 7th since I have a quilting class that day with mom.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:57 AM

I have a log cabin project for my brother ready to be sewn together. I already did the blocks, but just can't force myself to sit down and do it. I'll pledge to complete that one by the end of August. Thanks for the thread.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:00 AM

I have two quilts at home that require quilting and binding, and one quilt that just needs binding. And then the blocks for the other to finish. I know it won't take too long, but I have two children and do Childcare. And a husband. Sometimes I don't even get time to think about quilting, you know? :wink:

Anyway, mostly I think I need ongoing motivation. Because there is always a reason not to quilt. But, there is always a reason to quilt, too.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:05 AM

I have a queen size lone star waiting to be put on the frame and finished quilting. I've also started looking at designs for a whole cloth quilt.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:21 AM

I have so many to choose from that I don't know where to begin. They mostly get stalled when I get to the quilting part. Right now I'm working on a wedding quilt for my daughter. I'm still piecing it, and I'll send it out to be quilted. So I think I'll make my goal to just keep going on it and not run out of gas and put it away and forget about it!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:43 PM

I have several and would like to get them done in this order

1- Granddaughter's quilt (quilt and bind)
2- Grandson's tiger quilt (finish piecing, quilt and bind)
3- Disappearing 9 patch (borders, quilt and bind)
4- Blue charm squares quilt (sashing, join blocks, border, quilt and bind)

These are my priorities right now, but I have lots more on my list. This summer has been so busy I haven't gotten anything done.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:11 PM

I have a queen size Warm Wishes top that is almost quilted. I can't seem to get motivated to finish the quilting---I have to rip out one block of quilting and that's why I've stalled. I would like to get this finished before the last of August.

ranger
Old 07-30-2009, 03:57 PM

Yup, I"ll play. I have quite an assortment to work on. But on Sept 1st, or before, you'll see my photo!!! You are my witness!!!!