Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A Farewell to Konstantin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/farewell-konstantin-t91403.html)

patricej 01-17-2011 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Welcome from one of your English members.

Also congratulations to Konstantin and his new gorilla bride...... do you think they will have lots of little gorillas?

if they do, we will - of course - want pics. :lol:

bjnicholson 01-17-2011 01:10 PM

A fond adieu and best wishes to the gorilla and his future mrs. gorilla.

Welcome TaliaRose!

Jennifer22206 01-17-2011 01:12 PM

Oh wow. That's major news Mr. Gorilla.. congratulations to you and the bride to be. :D

And Welcome to TaliaRose! I'm sure everything will be just fine. And don't worry, after hanging out with us for a while you'll get the urge to quilt.. and once you start that addiction it's all over. I started out as a crafter too, but now it's quilting all the way!

missgigglewings 01-17-2011 01:14 PM

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Gorilla! Too bad we won't have a bunch of little monkeys running around! However...we can still drive Ms TaliaRose banana! So welcome Ms T to our jungle!

frugalfabrics 01-17-2011 01:16 PM

...and I just found out who Konstantin is just a few days ago...sad to hear of his departure, but glad for his future endeavors.

Welcome TaliaRose.

NancyG 01-17-2011 01:18 PM

Congrats Konstantin: Best wishes for a very happy life with your new wife.

Welcome, Talia, from Northern California. So happy to meet you. I hope you will enjoy this QB as much as I do.

Patrice: Thanks for the update and all that you do for us.

TaliaRose 01-17-2011 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Oh My Goodness - a missus Gorilla! How wonderful!

Thanks for the update, Patrice and WELCOME TaliaRose. Since you have cats, the "not being a good sewer (yet) can easily be overlooked. Don't you know that cats and quilting go together? So you are on the right road, lol.

Haha!! This is very true!

I think I'll get bitten by the quilting bug very quickly since I'll be hanging around here so often!

JJs 01-17-2011 01:18 PM

I'm sure K made bookoodles of bucks on that transaction... so I don't think you have to feel too sorry for him.... does, "independently wealthy' mean anything to you....

Internet Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ:INET) is a leading Internet media company that operates community and e-commerce web sites in the automotive, careers, home, shopping, and travel and leisure categories. With a flexible and scalable platform, Internet Brands operates a rapidly growing network of websites that offer consumers the ability to share information through extensive online communities and make informed purchasing decisions.

Internet Brands’ sites are often leaders in their categories and have received dozens of best-in-class awards. Over 95% of the traffic to our websites is from non-paid sources.

Traffic Statistics Total Monthly Unique Visitors: 37 million Total Monthly Page Views: 620 million Source: Google Analytics, June 2008

and then they aren't doing too shabby either....

(Reuters) - Private equity firm Hellman & Friedman on Monday agreed to acquire internet media company Internet Brands INET.O for $640 million in cash.

I don't think I like the idea of 'them' owning 'my' posts.... bye

Izaquilter 01-17-2011 01:21 PM

Welcome aboard from the Cornfields of Southern IL. I hope you get to learn sewing & with the help of everyone here you will do just fine. Welcome aboard & good luck to Konstatin!

patricej 01-17-2011 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by JJs
I don't think I like the idea of 'them' owning 'my' posts.... bye

well, now ... :hunf:

let me urge everyone who is not wholly comfortable with the concept to give things a "wait and see" before jumping to conclusions and freaking out to such an alarming and hostile degree.

:hunf: