Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Farmer's wife CD question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/farmers-wife-cd-question-t169520.html)

jaciqltznok 11-22-2011 07:02 PM

Farmer's wife CD question

For those doing the FWS and using the CD, I was wondering if your patterns are coming out TRUE to size?

For some reason mine seem to be off about 1/8".
I checked my printer sizing by printing off a pattern from another CD and it came out true to size, so I am not sure what the deal is with the FWS cd....

anyone??

oksewglad 11-22-2011 07:57 PM

I have only used the templates a couple of times, but am not having trouble yet. OBTW have you posted on the quilt along. Go to Evie's blog and she has a post of all the photo pages. Great place for you to go when time to post pics. There's a couple of us doing these in a hit or miss fashion and have input from original posters too. Join us--any time!

deemail 11-22-2011 10:23 PM

the dvd is probably to blame but you have an option.... go to any 1" square piece or draw a 1" square (whatever is available to you on the disc)... now print and measure EXACTLY..... if it is just an 1/8 off...then print again but...choose CTRL P or your print button and look for the area where it asks about size.... you are just going to bump it up a tiny bit at a time till you get the EXACT 1".... 1/8 = .125 so I would start with 1.125 % in the box provided.... is that right? fine.... too big?... back up to 1.1.... still too big? 1.05.... too small? go to 1.2... or 1.15... anyway, as soon as you play with the number and find the exact number to make that 1" square, use that same number for the entire pattern and it will all match and will be the size you want. And BE VERY CAREFUL... print them all with the same alteration or you will be in trouble.... put a post it on your printer or something...

ps...i would NOT trust that number for every pattern on the disk...if they were wrong about one, they might be wrong again... but try...it might hold true for the whole thing....

EasyPeezy 11-22-2011 10:34 PM

QUOTE=deemail;4711892]the dvd is probably to blame but you have an option.... go to any 1" square piece or draw a 1" square (whatever is available to you on the disc)... now print and measure EXACTLY..... if it is just an 1/8 off...then print again but...choose CTRL P or your print button and look for the area where it asks about size.... you are just going to bump it up a tiny bit at a time till you get the EXACT 1".... 1/8 = .125 so I would start with 1.125 % in the box provided.... is that right? fine.... too big?... back up to 1.1.... still too big? 1.05.... too small? go to 1.2... or 1.15... anyway, as soon as you play with the number and find the exact number to make that 1" square, use that same number for the entire pattern and it will all match and will be the size you want.

ps...i would NOT trust that number for every pattern on the disk...if they were wrong about one, they might be wrong again... but try...it might hold true for the whole thing....[/QUOTE]

I guess that would apply to quilterscache paper-piece patterns too, hey? I printed a pattern the other day and found it was slightly off that 1" square and put it away. Why didn't I think of this? Thanks for your tip. :thumbup:

QuiltnNan 11-23-2011 05:49 AM

The printing tip is a good one, but I wouldn't want to sit there and test every single pattern on the disc. The makers of the product should be made aware of the situation. Maybe they will fix it and resend the CD to previous purchasers. After all, they would not want to get a bad rep for a poor pattern.

jaciqltznok 11-23-2011 09:47 PM

wow..that printing tip was SPOT ON....I found it also worked on some of the DJ patterns I could not get exact!

THANK YOU so very much.....

oksewglad 11-24-2011 04:18 PM

Jacquie, are you in the midst of the FWS blocks? Have you posted pics? In her blog "Evie" has posted all the FWS photo pages in one entry. Slick to go to it, find the right week/blocks and post your pics. QE and I putting a notice in the http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t151010.html thread when we have pics uploaded. Join us and a couple of other late comers for the oohs and ahhhs.