Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   favorite color???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/favorite-color-t8245.html)

bebe 06-19-2008 06:18 AM

Just wondering what is your favorite color of fabric and do you like solids, muted, florals, dots conversation, swirls or such. Where do you eyes guide you the most when you go fabric shopping????

maggiebooboo 06-19-2008 06:21 AM

Right now I am looking for the perfect floral. I want to make a quilt like Loretta's Roses in the snow. So I am looking for a floral that I can match up a nice solid to. Not sure what color yet. Kind of thinking about red an white.

bebe 06-19-2008 06:27 AM

I have a tendency to buy americana, turkey red or yellows cival war colors. I love the colors in the new blackbird design collection. Christmas fabric is great!!!!!

I like fabric that has design on it not necessarily big florals. No real fan of solids but like muted look fabrics.

I like many colors but my stash has mostly red and Collections by brannock and Patek, black bird designs and robin pandolph. You are right I just love fabric!!!!!!!!

Roben 06-19-2008 06:37 AM

I always seem to go for antique colors - rust, mauve, muted greens and blues. Every now and then I challenge myself - DS #1's quilt was a challenge to work with a pretty funky looking orange fabric I had collected a few fat quarters of. Then I go back to my antiques and all is well :D

tlrnhi 06-19-2008 06:55 AM

I have always loved Cobalt blue tones. Mixed with yellow and it's just yummy for me.
But, I tend to lean towards anything that calls my name and that's usually EVERYTHING! lol

Elizabeth A. 06-19-2008 06:55 AM

My personal favorite is Royal blue, and I've been collecting all shades to make a quilt for my sister, hopefully I wont hate the color when I'm done.

My Grandmother's favorite color was orange. Yes, that's what I said. So the more and more that I work with fabrics the more I notice beautiful Orange colors. But trust me whenever an orange block goes into the sewing machine I blubber and cry like a baby. I miss her very much.

Rose Marie 06-19-2008 06:57 AM

I like batiks, all colors. 1930's reproductions, and reds and greens.
Right now I am about to start the jewel box quilt and it uses jewel tone colors.
Fall colors are nice too.
Just finished a blue and white log cabin with red stars in the sashing.
So I would say I like and use most all colors.

bebe 06-19-2008 06:58 AM

I like orange very much. Plenty of it in my stash!!!!! Many on the board know blue is not my favorite but do have some in my stash!!!!!

Granny Cat 06-19-2008 07:08 AM

I am very drawn to Pink and little flowers are usually my fav...but I love fall colors alot and am always attracted to those for my quilts...they just look cozy and inviting to me...

ddrobins1956 06-19-2008 08:42 AM

I really love rich colors. Greens, reds, blues, browns, yellows, golds, tans. I like small patterns and small florals. I love plaids. I'm not much for brights and bold patterns. I like the more muted batiks, but not so much the tropical colors. I'll always love my scrappy, pioneer look quilts the best and that's what I enjoy making. Although I admire all sorts of quilts. And I also love love love fabric, all kinds.