Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Favorite Quilt Patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/favorite-quilt-patterns-t79407.html)

fayza 11-29-2010 12:47 AM

Two of my favorites are Rail Fence & Trip around the World. These go by so fast and are so easy to do... Please share your favorite patterns, I'm fairly new at quilting (began Jan. 2010) and would love to know the favorite patterns of some of you pros!

Sadiemae 11-29-2010 01:13 AM

My favorite quilt patterns are Bargellos. I also like super easy quilts.

Momma_K 11-29-2010 01:27 AM

Any kind of easy PP, Chinese Coins, Split Rail, 9 Patch...You can hardly go wrong on these! They may be favorite easiest but I love Grandmas Garden, a bit more difficult.

fayza 11-29-2010 01:38 AM

Is grandma's garden the pattern that looks sort of like honey combs? I love that pattern, but its a little too complex for me. lol

plainpat 11-29-2010 02:07 AM

I'm not a pro at all, just like making quilt tops.My favs are Log Cabin & anything with stars.I like most applique, but can't do hand sewing,so just admire when I see it.

Originally Posted by fayza
Two of my favorites are Rail Fence & Trip around the World. These go by so fast and are so easy to do... Please share your favorite patterns, I'm fairly new at quilting (began Jan. 2010) and would love to know the favorite patterns of some of you pros!

cherylynne 11-29-2010 02:19 AM

I've made lots of Yellow Brick Roads, Turning Twenty, and Crazy Eights. I want to learn to applique soon, but I am still gathering the supplies for this technique.

Momma_K 11-29-2010 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by fayza
Is grandma's garden the pattern that looks sort of like honey combs? I love that pattern, but its a little too complex for me. lol

:D Yeah it looks alot like honeycomb. I done most of mine by hand sewing. I sat through many hours teaching my grand daughters how to sew and put the "flowers" together. They get very proud of themselves when they see what they can do. They're only 11 now, this was about 2 years ago I tought them to sew. Both can now use the machine with no problem! :thumbup:

Nancy S. 11-29-2010 04:17 AM

I like the log cabin. It's quick and easy peasy.

Renee110 11-29-2010 05:15 AM

I just starting quilting 2 months ago, so I only know the 9 patch, 4 patch and triple rail. But the ones I WANT to do are dresden plate and double wedding ring.

Jan in VA 11-29-2010 05:17 AM

I agree with others who like the log cabin -- in ALL its incarnations, round/twisted/courthouse steps/offset/etc.

To me the log cabin block is most effective with a minimum of 5 logs cut no more than 1.5" wide to finish at 1" wide. Also I feel it's more interesting with light/dark contrasts or with graded colors (from very light to medium on one side of the block, and medium to very dark on the other side of the block).

The log cabin block is just a half-square triangle, so any design - such as an eight-point star - ccould be made using log cabin piecing, just larger.

Jan in VA