Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Favorite Quilting Magazine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/favorite-quilting-magazine-t129598.html)

skeetersmom 06-11-2011 03:27 AM

What is your favorite quilting magazine? Do you subscribe or just purchase it on the stand occasionally?

I'm sure there was a discussion about this already.....but I can't seem to find it......besides, there may be new favorites.

wvhill22 06-11-2011 03:32 AM

i have had a few different ones and dropped them all and keep only quick quilts. I love theres

quilticing 06-11-2011 03:48 AM

McCalls is one of my favorites and I'll pick up a special edition of prizewinners when I get the chance. Fons and Porter isn't too interesting lately-letting my subscription drop. Quick quilts aren't inspirational enough.

Tropical 06-11-2011 03:50 AM

Quilting Arts is my favorite because of all of the creative ideas. Fons and Porter magazines have been super helpful with my learning because they are so easy to follow. Since finding this board with all of the information and tutorials, I don't often buy a magazine anymore. They don't give wonderful feedback and support like the quilters here. At first, I bought every one I could find. :)

katier825 06-11-2011 04:16 AM

I subscribe to a few, but I really like American Patchwork and Quilting best. The reason I like it best is that it shows quilting options, not just the pattern & piecing. Some of the magazines don't focus in on the quilting part, so it's hard to figure out what to do.

DebraK 06-11-2011 05:06 AM

I recently took an online subscription to Quilter's World, because someone here mentioned that you get the last five years of issues free. I thought that was a pretty good deal, especially since I don't have to store the magazines on my shelf.

patchsamkim 06-11-2011 05:19 AM

Quilts and More is the only one I buy on a consistent basis...the next would be Quilt...and I just started getting the new Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine by subscription...liked everything in the first issue so thought I would...it only comes out 4x a year...and saved over buying the issues at the stand.

bebe 06-11-2011 05:24 AM

I buy what I like so I have a variety of magazines!!!
no subscription for me

Deborah12687 06-11-2011 05:31 AM

I have so many magazines already and I don't subscribe to any magazines any more. I might buy one or two magazines per year if there is something in it that I really want to make. I always end up designing my own patterns.

Shelbie 06-11-2011 05:31 AM

I used to subscribe to five or six quilt magazines but now only have Quiltmaker. I like it as they show a lot of quick quilts and many that are great for babies and kids and these are the kind of quilts that I make most frequently. I have been disappointed in many of the magazines these last couple of years as the focus seems to be selling fabric collections and the quilts they show are usually made with these collections and they are often not the best colour or pattern choice for the quilt pattern. Sometimes the fabric is so busy that the pattern is lost and the quilting does not show.