Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Favorite sewing machine for quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/favorite-sewing-machine-quilters-t137771.html)

Charming 07-18-2011 07:04 AM

I have all Viking and i love all of them, especially my Sapphire 875 it sews like a fairy to me and it has many many (enough for me) stitches that i would probably never use all. It is also great for free motion which i haven't used because i bought the viking long arm, which i am starting to get familiar with and loving it.
I know for people who wants to have a long arm for business look for certain brands, which are considered commercial i guess, but for me my viking long arm does the job very very well and the robot (quiltsewclever) just adds to the sweetness. IMHO

purplefiend 07-18-2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Charming
I have all Viking and i love all of them, especially my Sapphire 875 it sews like a fairy to me and it has many many (enough for me) stitches that i would probably never use all. It is also great for free motion which i haven't used because i bought the viking long arm, which i am starting to get familiar with and loving it.
I know for people who wants to have a long arm for business look for certain brands, which are considered commercial i guess, but for me my viking long arm does the job very very well and the robot (quiltsewclever) just adds to the sweetness. IMHO

I love my Sapphire 875 too. I used to work for Husqvarna
Viking and fell in love with the 870, then traded up for the 875.

It's taken me a while to get used to doing FMquilting with it, there seems to be a learning curve. I've used my old Berninas
for many years to do all my quilting, seemed it was so much easier.
Sharon W.

newbee3 07-18-2011 01:21 PM

I just bought a topaz 30 and I am learning how it works. I still need lots of practice on it too. I do like the way it fmg of course I have not done a large quilt yet. But really looking forward to doing one. Have fun

naturalstateknitter 07-18-2011 01:31 PM

I am wanting to get a Juki 2000qi and a Grace frame for my first set-up, too. Which Juki do you have?
Anyone else have this set-up?

littleone 07-18-2011 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie

Originally Posted by pjaco
Love my Pfaffs.

Me Too! Love the wide throat and wouldn't be without the IDT.

Ditto here :-D

TexasGurl 07-18-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Candace

Originally Posted by Quilterfay
Did you know that the Kenmore is made by Janome. I love their instruction manual.

I have 3 Janome's, a Kenmore my husband bought when he was quilting and a Pfaff grandquilter.

I love Janome's great machines.

Kenmore is not made by Janome. Two different manufacturers. Kenmore is owned by SEARS. Their machines are built from the same specs, but completely different entities.

Last I heard, Janome made the sewing machines for Sears /Kenmore (at least most models) and have been for some time now. Kenmore is just Sears' store "brand". All Sears/Kenmore appliances today are made by other major manuf. such as GE, Whirlpool, Frigidaire etc :)

Candace 07-18-2011 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by TexasGurl

Originally Posted by Candace

Originally Posted by Quilterfay
Did you know that the Kenmore is made by Janome. I love their instruction manual.

I have 3 Janome's, a Kenmore my husband bought when he was quilting and a Pfaff grandquilter.

I love Janome's great machines.

Kenmore is not made by Janome. Two different manufacturers. Kenmore is owned by SEARS. Their machines are built from the same specs, but completely different entities.

Last I heard, Janome made the sewing machines for Sears /Kenmore (at least most models) and have been for some time now. Kenmore is just Sears' store "brand". All Sears/Kenmore appliances today are made by other major manuf. such as GE, Whirlpool, Frigidaire etc :)

Made in the same factory using the same machine engineered specs. Probably the same materials as well. For different companies. You buy a Kenmore you deal with Sears for customer support and classes(of which there are none). You will also have different warranty support. The machines are basically badged clones. So, you should buy for the company you believe will support you best.

Dolphyngyrl 07-18-2011 05:09 PM

I love my Babylock Espire, has been a dream since I got it. Easy to use, smooth fun. This has been my favorite machine. Have had a few brothers too that I like

MissJMac 07-20-2011 12:30 AM

Janome 1600P; Janome 6260; Janome 405; and a 1947 Singer that I picked up at a garage sale for $20.00 (I lov it, works beautifully)

puppy 07-20-2011 01:05 AM

i have the same machine and the same problem with the thread jamming. also the thread cutter doesnt work very well. and now theres no dealer for 100 miles. not very happy think i will just get a machine from walmark next time i buy