Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Favorite sewing machine for quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/favorite-sewing-machine-quilters-t137771.html)

Little Sue 4.9 07-21-2011 09:28 AM

Hello and welcome from sunny Myakka City Fl. This is the best place for us beginners, I've learned a lot.

redrider 07-25-2011 08:16 AM

I am about ready to purchase a Janome Horizon. This machine would be light years beyond my 25 year old White, so am a bit intimidated. I would be going from 13 stiches to 250 and I hope the learning curve won't be too frustrating.

quiltbuddy 07-25-2011 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by redrider
I am about ready to purchase a Janome Horizon. This machine would be light years beyond my 25 year old White, so am a bit intimidated. I would be going from 13 stiches to 250 and I hope the learning curve won't be too frustrating.

You"re going to love it! There is a Yahoo group for these machines. It's not too hard to figure out. I love the thread cutter and needle threader.

madamepurl 07-25-2011 02:16 PM

I'll second. You're going to love it. The yahoo group is really helpful too.

MadQuilter 07-25-2011 02:21 PM

I have a Babylock Espire and love the machine. She is now marketed as a Symphonie. However, I recently read that Babylock has added the built-in walking foot on their new model. Here I thought I was DONE buying new machines for a while......

Don't you agree that buying a sewing machine is very much like buying a car? It has to "fit" the driver.

Divokittysmom 07-25-2011 02:52 PM

I have a Babylock Ellisimo and absolutely LOVE it for quilting!! I have a Husqvarna Viking D1 ESS and love that also for quilting. I do have a larger surface area to work on with my Elli so I use her the most...plus she's brand new so I love to play with it!! Take a peek @ Babylock, it just might rock your world!! :lol:

emmy 07-25-2011 02:52 PM

I have the Babylock Quest Plus that has the built in walking foot so there are no tucks when quilting. A deciding factor was all the feet work with the PDQ and it came with a large table, so there was no added expense. Has a perfect straight stitch and almost 9" of space. The new Quest is called the Serenade. Also, have 2 Vikings that sew nicely, but would not get a machine without the PDQ (precision dual feed) or IDF (Pfaff's name).

redrider 07-26-2011 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by quiltbuddy

You"re going to love it! There is a Yahoo group for these machines. It's not too hard to figure out. I love the thread cutter and needle threader.

Well, I went and ordered the Horizon last night and I will have it on Monday. Thanks for the tip on the Yahoo group! I will be sure to check it out. The dealer gives lessons too, as many as I need he said. It is the same place I got the White from.

sarahconner 08-22-2011 07:45 PM

I have 2 Vikings (1) is Sandiviania 200 7 yrs old and Sapphire 835 1 yr old. I love both. I also have a Singer that was produced in 1937. It appears to weigh 50 lbs.

bvillequilter 10-21-2011 04:46 AM

In regards to my post about the 820 machine stating it is not suitable for quilters (in my opinion) I was referring to piecing not machine quilting.

In stitches,
Roberta