Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Favourite book falling apart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/favourite-book-falling-apart-t194863.html)

lonestardreams 07-17-2012 04:09 PM

I do this with the books that I use the most. I even had my Brother sewing machine manual done like this and it is so much easier to use.

I like knowing that the books will be good and easy to use for a long time. I use Office Depot and usually pay under $5.

You will soon have more of your books done this way.

pamesue 07-17-2012 04:28 PM

I've also done this to many of my books...and I go to Office Depot as well.

mcdaniel023 07-17-2012 04:39 PM

I didn't know you could do this. Thanks for sharing.

Lillymolly 07-18-2012 02:49 AM

I recently purchased a paper piecing book and it was difficult to copy the pages as it is a large book. So, I carefully took apart the book, 3 hole punched the pages, and put it in a 3 ring binder. I took the cover of the book and slid it into the outside front cover which has the clear insert. Now I can easily copy the pages and they are not disstorted.

Wonnie 07-18-2012 04:46 AM

Thank you SO much. Never knew this option existed!!!

Pieces2 07-18-2012 04:53 AM

I've taken several of my quilt books to Office Depot for binding. This allows the book to lay flat, much easier to
follow the piecing directions than a book that keeps wanting to close.

Linda5734 07-18-2012 05:26 AM

I always take all my books and have them spiral bound I use a lot. It is much easier to have the pages open and able to flip pages instead of trying to keep a book open. I was taught this in my first quilting class and have been doing it ever since. At first when you see the spline cut its hard, but it works great and you never loose a thing

calicojoan 07-18-2012 05:30 AM

I love my spiral bound books, but I would love to come up with something that makes it easier to find a book on the shelf. So many spirals, no names anymore! :D

SandyQuilter 07-18-2012 05:41 AM

I do that for many of my quilt books so that they lay flat and I can copy a page to mark. Only pay about $2.50 at a neighborhood copy store for about 200 pages, which includes front and back plastic covers. $10 is high.
SandyQuilter

MarleneC 07-18-2012 07:17 AM

binding book

Originally Posted by tjradj (Post 5371145)
I have a favourite Quilting "go to " book, but due to over use, it started falling apart. I was devastated.
Then the light bulb went off.
I took it to my local "Staples" office supply store and asked if they could rebind it. They could!! They could rebind it with a spiral binding and it cost less than $10.
I should have done it ages ago. Now it stays open when I'm using it!
Next time I get a new book that isn't already spiral bound, I may just take it in and have it done right away.

This is an option I was going to suggest. I've done this with cook books. Makes them so much easier to use and no hole drilling for binders, etc.