Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Featherweight Question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/featherweight-question-t38621.html)

shaverg 03-07-2010 08:01 PM

Where did you finally find one?? I am really happy for you. I know you will love it. It is such a great little machine for classes too.

Originally Posted by ForestHobbit
Yay!!! Happy Dance!!! Today my little 1946 Featherweight became a member of our family. She will arrive in about 2 weeks. I am so happy I could PIMP. :-D :lol: :lol:

ForestHobbit 03-07-2010 08:37 PM

On EBAY. Have looked at a couple dozen and zeroed in on Sally Sue. My husband chipped in on the cost. It was more than I had hoped it would be but she is perfect for me. Been doing the happy dance all evening. Had been checking craig's list and the newspaper and was very disappointed. Only 2 machines and in very poor condition. Made sure to buy from a Top Rated Seller with 100% approval rating on ebay. Didn't want to risk having a problem.

shaverg 03-07-2010 09:26 PM

Ebay is where I got mine, and was very pleased. You will have to post a photo, when you get her. Congrats.

Fabriholic 03-07-2010 10:03 PM

Silly question: How do you pay when you buy on Ebay?

shaverg 03-07-2010 10:05 PM

I use paypal. I signed up years ago. You can have paypal attached through your bank account or credit card.

ForestHobbit 03-07-2010 10:13 PM

With my credit card through PayPal. Has worked great for every purchase I have made.

ForestHobbit 03-07-2010 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fabriholic

With my credit card through PayPal. Has worked great for every purchase I have made.

Fabriholic 03-07-2010 10:40 PM

Shaverg and ForrestHobbit - thanks for the info. I've just been a little concerned about on-line transactions. I've been looking for a FW so I can sign up for classes ... anybody know anyone who might have one for sale?

reginalovesfabric 03-08-2010 06:06 AM

I have two featherweights. One is a 1951 and I use it daily, I have other machines but only use the featherweight. My friend services it for me. Just remember that these have metal gears and need grease along with oil. My first one was bought on Ebay and it came with the grease tube. I love it.

ForestHobbit 03-08-2010 02:34 PM

Shaverg and ForrestHobbit - thanks for the info. I've just been a little concerned about on-line transactions. I've been looking for a FW so I can sign up for classes ... anybody know anyone who might have one for sale?

Found they were difficult to find in California. Ebay gave the best choice and I have had no problem using Paypal. Some have found them on craig's list. Why not start a new thread asking for information on machines possibly up for sale or trade?